Go to footer

Tiny dolls!

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

Tiny dolls!

Postby Samseramsamsam » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:36 am

Sooooo the Azone Picco Neemo body (1/12) arrived some days ago, and yesterday I could collect my Parabox order from customs! :)

The Picco Neemo is in the grey dress. These bodies are so fragile! I already manage to pop one shoulder joint out; got it back together, but it is not as perfect as before. (The 1/6 is very sturdy in comparism.)

Originally, I wanted the pre-rooted Parabox Neko head for this body, but the Petite Fairy fits it so much better imho! Mimiwoo is always so helpful, they gave the tip to use a little rubber band on the Picco Neemo neck piece for the head to hold better (else it CAN be used, but will be a little wobbly head).

Luckily, the Neko head goes very well on the Obitsu 11 cm body (on the picture it is not yet on the neck piece, the doll is only holding it in place; today I used the blow dryer to fit it on the body; the head is still a bit too heavy with all the hair, I think it will hold better, and the doll no longer fall over, once the hair is cut).

The Obitsu 11cm is the one with the magnets in the feet. However, one tiny magnet was loose from the beginning and now is only on the plate. Is it safe to glue that back in, or can glue damage the little foot?

Knitting in this scale is insane fun, already finished another grey dress for the Picco and one little dress from colourful sock yarn for the Obitsu (no face, but already a dress!) (needles 1mm and 1.5mm for the Picco, 2mm for thicker clothing for the Obitsu, imho 2mm and sock yarn will be too thick for the Picco Neemo)

Will of course take more pictures once the dollies are finished (too humid currently for spraying :? ) I really hope I will not ruin the decals, they are so cute.

(Also in the picture: decals for the Neko head, cat ears for the neko head, a Petite Hime head for the 1/6 Azone Pure Neemo I have sitting around waiting for it patiently, and anime eyes in green for said head :) )
My mini knitting blog can be found at insomnimaniacs.wordpress.com

Wielding pointy objects only to create, not to harm... ];->
Samseramsamsam
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Tiny dolls!

Postby zirconmermaid » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:20 am

Go ahead and glue the magnet back in. I use superglue for that.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby koratheexplora » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:56 am

So tiny and cute! I can't wait to see them finished.
koratheexplora
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Samseramsamsam » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:05 pm

Finished the tinies! :)

(not the best faceup ^^" maybe some day I'll go back and redo her, IF I ever get better)

That one I will name Dango (dumpling :mrgreen: ) The decals were both easier to work than I feared and a nightmare. I did not manage to get both eyes on the same height pefectly. Somehow I managed to rub one eyebrow off the decal o_O had to repaint with a watercolour pencil. Still, I like how she turned out for the first try :)

I am grateful for any tips on how to style the Obitsu's hair ;) She still keeps falling over sometimes because the hair is too heave, even though I cut about half off alreay...

They already have an extensive wardrobe including little pantes to wear under wider dresses :D

Samseramsamsam

Postby koratheexplora » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:51 pm

They both turned out great! I love their little dresses.
koratheexplora
i see dead dolliehs

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:17 pm

They look cute :) And Dango suits the little one - she does have a sweet little dumpling face!
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Eseme » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:59 am

I love tiny obitsus! So very cute! And your knitting skills are amazing.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby VirgoVertigo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:17 pm

OMG Dango is soooo cute. i cannot WAIT to see more of her <3 more pictures, more!!
More Waifu Will Ruin Your Laifu

MLP Arena: PuddingPie
Instagram: @virgo_vertigo (check out my store, @vergo_vertigo_shop !)
VirgoVertigo

Postby Samseramsamsam » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:36 am

Thanks guys :)

One more question: The heads parabox sells directly for the 11cm bodies (with prerooted hair), are these smaller than the Neko head...? I'm browsing pictures and cannot decide whether I think Dango's head wider simply because of the pigtails, or if it really is larger ^^"

Samseramsamsam

Postby Mebbil » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:42 am

Your little girls are so cute! Those dresses you made a darling too.

A rubber band! I will have to try that on my picco neemo, he has the same head and is very wobbly.
I got a flickr account and I barely know how to use it. >w<
Mebbil
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters