Go to footer

picco neemo with obitsu head?

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

picco neemo with obitsu head?

Postby Kae915 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:17 am

So first off I ordered fair skin picco neemo body for an obitsu white skin head. I quickly noticed that they did not really match at all as the body is much Pinker than the head. I haven't seen anyone else mention this before hand. Anyone else have this problem?
Also how is everyone attaching their obitsu heads to the body? I read about rubber bands and it does help but only if I'm not moving the head around much as the neck piece eventually falls off the neck and into the head. I couldn't find anything else super helpful. Is there a better solution?
Because skittles are overrated.
Kae915
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Re: picco neemo with obitsu head?

Postby Samseramsamsam » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:51 am

My hybrids wear the normal skin Obitsu heads, these match quite well.
As you know I, too, had the problem with the head eating the neck piece. As long as the head is of the type that opens, this is no problem. However, if working with closed heads (e.g. prerooted), one has to make sure that the neck piece is well glued into the body. It restricts movement a bit, but is the more secure option ;)
My poor pink head bears the scars of having eaten its neckpiece once... I think for future projects, I will only use the opening heads.
Last edited by Samseramsamsam on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
My mini knitting blog can be found at insomnimaniacs.wordpress.com

Wielding pointy objects only to create, not to harm... ];->
Samseramsamsam
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Kae915 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:21 pm

I had no idea the difference in skin tones would be this big lol but i guess I should have expected it from two different companies. Ive been pretty lucky with the neck piece so far but I will definitely be using some glue. as long as she can still look up and down I don't mind glueing it in.
I wanted to get an open head but I couldn't find a silver wig anywhere T_T it was important to me to have silver hair for this one D:
I did kinda mess this head up trying to make it match a little better but luckily its not too visible in most light
Because skittles are overrated.
Kae915
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Faydreams » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:29 am

I just got my Picco Neemo and started experimenting with the neck piece. I took a 27cm Obitsu neck piece, hollowed it out until it fit down over the neck bob. Hot glued that on and tried it on a couple of heads.

If you want to prevent it from eating the neck take a piece of plastic, punch a hole in it the same size or a little large than the post size, cut it round like a washer until it fits just inside the neck opening but not through to the inside of the head, and slip that on between the neck ball part and the body. So long as it has a little flex it should stay hidden in the neck opening and prevent the head from eating the neck.

The problem I see with the neck joint is simply there anything to prevent the head from sliding on down. The washer will do that for you.
The pen is mightier than the sword.... Unless this is a sword fight.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters