Go to footer

Say hello to Heather

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

Say hello to Heather

Postby Faydreams » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:53 am

So I saw a Picco Neemo D on Ebay and fell for those cute big hands and feet.

When the body arrived home I set to work figuring out what I could do to fix that neck issue without having to glue the neck post into the body. First, that top nob had to be bigger. Since I had left over obitsu neck joints from 27cm ones and the hole was nearly large enough to fit down over it I decided that would work best. I used an exacto knife to enlarge the hole until it could slip down but not cover the ball part of the neck joint. Then I hot glued it on.

I chose hot glue for two reasons. One it is fast and the least amount of drying time, and second I am able to undo it by pushing the neck piece out through the screw hole in the top. That would hold the head on but wouldn't prevent it from slipping down over the neck.

For that I needed something thin, slightly flexible, and strong. I pulled out some random plastic and started testing. A bit of red lid with a 1/8 inch hole punched in it slipped on the bottom of the neck joint but not over the ball. I cut it down until it would fit inside the opening in the head but not through the hole to the inside of the head cavity. A few tests later and I knew I had something that worked. The head stayed on but didn't eat the neck.

Then I went in search of a head to fit her. Nothing at home would work as she is just so small. I knew she was going to become my Goblin Girl when I was done with her, so a head with elf ears was required. Junky Spot to the rescue!

I got the 11.5 Obitsu Petite Fairy head with the removable eyes. I got it for two reasons. First, I was aware of the head eating neck issues with these bodies from reading posts on them here and elsewhere. One of the options said that if you wanted to use an obitsu to get one with a removable cap so when it happens you can fix it. And second, I really wanted inset eyes for her.

Turns out the white Picco is nearly a perfect match to the white obitsu in color. I popped the eyes in, put the head on, and voilà. Heather came together.

Say Hi, Heather.

"Hi. Forgive the bald look. I'm still waiting on my hair to arrive."

ImageHeather says Hello by faydreams, on Flickr

Einin was very curious about the new girl. Thankfully, Heather was just as curious.

ImageHeather and Einin by faydreams, on Flickr

Both of the dresses in this one will fit the Heather. The black and white one was originally made to for Heather but was way to short. I mean show your bloomers short. Thankfully, anything that short on Heather will fit my Einin as a dress.
The pen is mightier than the sword.... Unless this is a sword fight.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Re: Say hello to Heather

Postby Nella » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:38 am

She looks adorable already! Gotta love those oversized hands.
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:39 pm

Congrats on getting her.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Tealove » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:25 pm

Very cute! Those hands are fantastic. Very expressive and give her a lot of personality.
Tealove
Dolly Pardon

Postby Samseramsamsam » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:25 am

Very cute, can't wait to see her with hair :)
While personally, I like the aethetics of the smaller hands and feet more, the D-body certainly has its own appeal.
And it can stand on its own! Big plus!
My mini knitting blog can be found at insomnimaniacs.wordpress.com

Wielding pointy objects only to create, not to harm... ];->
Samseramsamsam
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Faydreams » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:30 am

Thank you all. She's a fun little gal.
The pen is mightier than the sword.... Unless this is a sword fight.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters