Go to footer

Picco Neemo Assault Lily

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

Picco Neemo Assault Lily

Postby Aurea Arleigh » Mon May 16, 2016 7:45 pm

Greetings!

I have found myself trading items that didn't sell and have come across an Assault lily doll/figure. She hasn't arrived yet but should be here in a couple days.

My question is how durable are the joints on these? Are they pretty solid like obitsu as far as surviving years of action figure style weaponry/adventures or is this the type of doll that you leave in a corner after dressing and not breathe near her? I should mention this is a standard S body from 2015.

It seems earlier this year the custom assault lily are with a different style of body called "reinforced joints". They seem to look like figma joints for the most part and tiny wrist ball joint. And my experience with the tiny plastic ball joints usually = snap crackle and pop with very little handling. (not making them lift heavy stuff, just bad luck I suppose). I may have dodged a bullet getting this one with the older body?

I only ask as I have had issues with some smaller doll/figures/kits in sizes 1:12. luckily Busou Shinki are pretty durable and they handle well over the years.

Any info would be great on the S style body pre reinforced joints.
My doll family:
Aurea Arleigh (my O.C. deity werebunny) Hujoo 12cm bunny!!!!

Kasumi Yashiro (1/6 Chara Dollfie)

Monster High: Custom Catrine Demew, Custom Kitty Cheshire, Custom Catty Noir, Custom MH Warcraft Draenei and Custom MH warcraft Night elf female.(all customs done by myself)
Aurea Arleigh
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Picco Neemo Assault Lily

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Tue May 17, 2016 4:50 am

I''ve fallen in love with the Assault Lily dolls! Only got two so far, I can't justify the prices for the other two I've seen available, and I missed pre-ordering any of the newer three.

The two I've got have the newer style joints and they seem sturdy enough. I've only had them a couple of months but I've not been treating them with kid gloves - they're just too tempting to keep playing with! So if you do get the newer ones at any point I don't think you have anything to worry about. Height wise - the S body stands about as high as my smaller figmas, but look out of scale due to having a larger head.

I've also got a hybrid S body with M legs - the body and arms look like the older style and the only problems I have with it is the character's epaulettes are so badly designed they fall off I breathe too hard! The joints seem fine, but I've not posed her as much, despite having her longer, due to getting frustrated with needing to find silver coloured bits of plastic smaller than my little finger nail.

I think so long as you're not too heavy handed you'll be fine. They aren't as posable as obitsus, and are slightly less posable than most of my figmas.

Hopefully someone will have experience of an entire pre-reinforced joints s size one!
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Picco Neemo Assault Lily

Postby Aurea Arleigh » Tue May 17, 2016 2:13 pm

ShortNCuddlyAm wrote:I''ve fallen in love with the Assault Lily dolls! Only got two so far, I can't justify the prices for the other two I've seen available, and I missed pre-ordering any of the newer three.

The two I've got have the newer style joints and they seem sturdy enough. I've only had them a couple of months but I've not been treating them with kid gloves - they're just too tempting to keep playing with! So if you do get the newer ones at any point I don't think you have anything to worry about. Height wise - the S body stands about as high as my smaller figmas, but look out of scale due to having a larger head.

I've also got a hybrid S body with M legs - the body and arms look like the older style and the only problems I have with it is the character's epaulettes are so badly designed they fall off I breathe too hard! The joints seem fine, but I've not posed her as much, despite having her longer, due to getting frustrated with needing to find silver coloured bits of plastic smaller than my little finger nail.

I think so long as you're not too heavy handed you'll be fine. They aren't as posable as obitsus, and are slightly less posable than most of my figmas.

Hopefully someone will have experience of an entire pre-reinforced joints s size one!

Thanks for the input! I know the figure/doll will be in similar sizing of my busou shinki as well, but I probably won't be saying bye to a shinki body to lose the poseability for better fitment of the 1:12 clothing. I may customize this assault lily but I haven't decided yet.

Glad to here the newer jointed body is pretty good. I hope it holds up well with posing for pics and holding stuff. my frame arms girl materia had issues with the wrists breaking but it's a kotobukiya kit / figure 1:12. And bandai's SoS Yuki Nagato body was flop flop flop. My roommate has noted me as wrist breaker since I have had the issues with these poorly made girls :lol:

I tried looking at azone international page but the only color they "had" was flesh and most of the assault lily I noticed are named shirada (thanks to google translate)? assuming white skinned?

Hopefully if anything I will have a transplant body for SoS Nagato's head if I dislike the default lily head.

Oh the feeling of uncharted territory fun and scary at the same time!

Thanks for your insight! :D
My doll family:
Aurea Arleigh (my O.C. deity werebunny) Hujoo 12cm bunny!!!!

Kasumi Yashiro (1/6 Chara Dollfie)

Monster High: Custom Catrine Demew, Custom Kitty Cheshire, Custom Catty Noir, Custom MH Warcraft Draenei and Custom MH warcraft Night elf female.(all customs done by myself)
Aurea Arleigh
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters