Go to footer

Hairdorables

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

Hairdorables

Postby Den » Sun May 05, 2019 9:51 pm

Since these are about 5 inches tall...

I have a few of these. One I've already beheaded and done a head transfer to a Monster High body that the head vanished on ages ago (one of the older, articulated bodies). The other two, I just got today, and one I've kinda fallen in love with to the point that I'm making a fabric double to make outfits for her (Sallee, btw.). I'm debating about doing another head transfer with the remaining doll.

Pluses: They have VERY lovely hair, and it's a good quantity too; They fit in a pocket; the outfits and shoes are swappable; the one piece shirt/dresses fit on MH bodies with a little futzing (gotta take the hands off the MH doll to get the tops on, but that's it), they've got sweet faces; some of the same molds get used for the heads/arms, but the skintones differ between dolls and so do the eye and hair colors; there's 36 in series one, 12 characters, three variants of each character; the boxes can be used to store the doll clothes and accessories as well as the doll itself; the dolls come fully dressed, with specific hairstyles and outfits for each variant of each character; the clothes are all swappable between the dolls in the line.
Minuses: Limited articulation (Shoulders, hips, and head. Shoulders and hips have a great range of motion though!); (minor) They're blind-bag, and I haven't figured out how to tell which girl you're getting in which box; dolls may not be available everywhere.
Den
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Hairdorables

Postby Cassandra » Thu May 09, 2019 9:04 pm

I see them every time I go into Target and I'm always kinda drawn to them. Now I really want to buy one (or two) to see how they are.

(I know how they are....cute, duh!)
Cassandra
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby ugg333 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:46 pm

I have one with a dog on a dog leash, and she is adorable! Didn't think about head transfer, though. Any pictures to share?
ugg333
i see dead dolliehs

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sat May 18, 2019 4:59 am

So they're basically equivalent to if there had been a Monster High/Ever After High version of a Kelly doll? I like to see the head swap myself. :)
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Tam I am » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:35 pm

Have you seen the new grown up ones?
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby ugg333 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:46 pm

They are on sale for $3.50 at amazon now https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C9L9LHJ

Sorry, it didn't last long
ugg333
i see dead dolliehs

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:02 am

I got two of them just for the heck of it, but they haven't really clicked for me. I was planning on putting them up for sale eventually. The hair is very nice tho.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters