Go to footer

Anyone else have Polynians?

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

Anyone else have Polynians?

Postby Lucky » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:49 pm

I recently found out about these little guys and I am absolutely smitten!

They're about 13cm tall and have 14 (I think) ball joints, including one in the middle of the torso. They all use the same joint structure, so parts can be transferred between basically all the models! Plus you can change their faceplates and accessories, including hats, back parts, hands, bangs, shoes...each figure comes with their own accessories that can be swapped between other characters. They're PVC and have honestly amazing poseability. Plus Daibadi Productions who make them have a whole world and storyline build around the charaters, it's so cute. The only downside is that the preorders are pretty limited, and the prices tend to skyrocket if you have to buy from wholesale retailers that got a larger shipment during the preorder.

I have a Rucio! I love him so much~ (Well...I had one, and then my dog chewed it up, and now I've got another on the way. Long story.) Here's my boy Daigo! (Check out his album here for more and better quality photos!)

10-23(5) by kiyoshisenshi, on Flickr

It seems like these guys aren't as popular as some other figures I've seen (like Nendos and Nendo dolls), so I'm sticking my feelers out for anyone who has them or might think they're cool! I think they're a great mix between anime figures and poseable dolls, so I'd love to see them gain popularity!

(I wasn't sure if this should go here or the Other Toys section, so mods please feel free to move it if necessary!)
☆*:.。.o[!Polynian Fanatic!]o.。.:*☆
☆*:.。.o[!Check me out on DoA!]o.。.:*☆
Lucky
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Anyone else have Polynians?

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:41 am

Not my collector style, but dang, she's cute! :D
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Lucky » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:28 am

Kirahfaye wrote:Not my collector style, but dang, she's cute! :D

Right?? (๑>◡<๑) Rucio is a boy, technically, but get this: a lot of Polynians come with extra torsos and accessories of the other gender, so like...Rucio (my boy Diago up there) has a different set of bangs with a cute little hairclip and more female torso if you want him to be a girl or more androgynous. And basically every Polynian that isn’t specifically female (ie., doesn’t have breasts) can be whatever gender you want! And even not taking the torso thing into account, a lot of them are pretty androgynous anyway, which makes sense; they’re robots, after all!

(Ah yes, I’m rambling... I just love these little guys so much! Sorry! ヽ(´o`;)
Lucky
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:22 pm

Oh, then I absolutely need to show them to my daughter! (Also, I really need to actually read the post completely through before making a comment - LOL)
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Lucky » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:34 pm

Kirahfaye wrote:Oh, then I absolutely need to show them to my daughter! (Also, I really need to actually read the post completely through before making a comment - LOL)

Totally! They’re perfect for anyone who likes anime figures but also wants more photo and posing opportunities. (Like me!) And no worries, I do the same thing... ( ̄◇ ̄;)
Lucky
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby werepuppy » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:01 am

Ooh, I've seen these before. I keep meaning to try to pick one up because they're utterly adorable and I like their look. Can I ask where you managed to find them?
werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Lucky » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:15 am

werepuppy wrote:Ooh, I've seen these before. I keep meaning to try to pick one up because they're utterly adorable and I like their look. Can I ask where you managed to find them?

Totally! I use Amiami for pre-orders whenever I can, because I really like them and they have a good reputation. But for in-stock items I use MyFigureCollection to find the best price with the shops they endorse! If you haven't used it, MyFigureCollection is totally a must for anime doll and figure shopping in my opinion. You just search what you want and it gives you a list of their partners that have the item! And all of their partners are vetted, so you most likely won't get a knock-off. Of MFC's partners, I've only used HobbySearch, and I liked it a lot! It had the best deal on EMS/DHL shipping too. There's also ZenMarket if you find something you want on a Japanese site; they're a super easy-to-use proxy service. ZenMarket is great for Japanese secondhand shops (like suruga-ya, which I know works with ZenMarket)! You can find some great deals that way, since "secondhand" or "used" in Japan basically just means that the box has been opened or displayed/very lightly used when it comes to figures. I haven't actually bought anything through ZenMarket though, so I'm just pulling from reviews and my experiences with adding things to my cart there.

This...got kind of extensive. Whoops! I'm a bit of a deal shopper, so I do a lot of balancing between shipping prices, shipping times, and shop reputation. I hadn't really realized how many sources I'd cobbled together! Anyway, I hope this helps a bit!
Lucky
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters