Go to footer

Let's talk Tinies

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

Let's talk Tinies

Postby Jobee » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:29 pm

The Obitsu 11cm body came out sometime in the early 2010's. I love the 11cm scale and have pined for fancy tiny BJDs, but I got my first Obitsu11 body in 2015, Mika. They're tiny, chibi shaped, and have excellent articulation. I loved it so much, that then I got back into dolls in 2020, I added a second one to my roster, Spooka.

I don't know when it happened, but at some point, someone put a Nendoroid head on an Obitsu 11cm body, and now it's a super popular way to have tiny dolls of your favorite anime characters. This is one of the most common uses for an Obitsu 11cm body. This is what most of the obitsu 11cm dolls look like on Instagram.

Another major use for Obitsu 11cms is serving as bodies for hand held baby heads. The heads are larger and resemble toddlers. Some of them are cast, but a lot of them are hand sculpted. Some artists sculpt doll heads based on people's real life baby pictures for commission. These dolls are more popular on Facebook.

Spooka and Mika, are made with Obitsu rooted heads, which are kinda uncommon now. They have anime styled faces that I painted myself, but real hair instead of sculpted hair, so they don't really fit in either category.

Do you have an Obitsu 11cm doll? What kind of head does it have?
Do you have any tiny scale dolls? Where did they come from? What are they made out of?
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: Let's talk Tinies

Postby Stormlight » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:38 pm

I have an Obitsu 11cm with an open-eye Fairy head. She uses beads for eyes. Her name is Tag-a-Long

ImageTag-a-Long by Thyme Willowbrook, on Flickr
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Tam I am » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:33 pm

I haven't got an Obitsu 11, but my doll crew is teeming with tinies both plastic and plush. Some came from the usual toy buying places, some came from artists on Etsy or other places. One came from my own crafting attempts.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:57 am

I have 4 really tiny dolls. One is an Amelia Thimble by Robert Tonner and the other 3 are Ai dolls, Nerine, Azalia & Kangaroo Paw. My Amelia sits here at my computer. I renamed her for a dear online pal who passed on. The Ai dolls are tucked away in their boxes. I believe they are all resin.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kattriella » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:34 pm

I really want an 11cm Obitsunto to make a Chibiusa doll. My hope is to eventually have a whole set of custom Sailor Moon dolls, and the 11cm Obitsu would be a good fit for Chibiusa.
Last edited by Kattriella on Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:22 pm

I have an 11cm with a home made head but it might change. There's also an Orientdoll So, Puki Puki, and Dollzone promotional tiny in the house.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby ugg333 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:49 pm

I love tiny dolls! I have Obitsu11s and Azone Picco Neemos and Hujoo's Little Rose and Ai's and a few action figures. And little Pullip and Dal which are mostly set on Picco neemo bodies so I can pose them. I love them all. Tiny goodness.
ugg333
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Tam I am » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:59 pm

I have some of the lil Bratz now too. Itty bitty things, but the clothes were great.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters