Go to footer

My 11cm Hybrids, Woo.

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

My 11cm Hybrids, Woo.

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:16 am

L-R: Ddung body knock off, Happy Family Toddler, 'old style' Kelly body, Obitsu 11cm, taller Kelly body, Kelly Lemon head style body, 2004-ish Strawberry Shortcake body, 2010 Chelsea body, Tutti body.

Lols yeah, I finally got an 11cm body to play with. I was slightly bummed out none of my childhood old style Kelly dolls could not really fit on this body since it's kinda big and too stylised for their realistic faces (yeah, childhood for me was around 2004 still).

I managed to get the other Kelly body types just because, lol. Anyone ever remember the Lemon head Kelly dolls? Those were a fail and a half on Mattel's behalf. They probably would've done fine if they weren't replacing the old style kelly, lol.

I wanted to throw in the Heart Family Baby body except it can't stand up, lol. But yeah, I hadn't seen a comparison like this so hopefully it helps.

Lols, it took forever to find heads for these guys since I was adamant they would not use Obitsu heads. Looool.

So yeah, up front is a heart family baby head because I wanted to use a vintage-y sort of head and this head was stylised enough to suit the body. I'm calling him Hart unless he has an official name. He's wearing Tommy pants, a lil Bratz Boy shirt and Kelly shoes.

Derp got the other body because literally no other girl head suited the body so. So yeah. She's wearing a Kelly Dress and Strawberry Shortcake shoes.

The bodies? I personally don't like how easily they come apart, especially for such a small doll. I had numerous times when I lost the knee caps, the feet came off, how the neck knob thing split in half, how the hands pop off repeatedly and yeah. Not my type of fun.

Also I wished each optional hand had their own wrist post. I mean, it would've cost, what?, an extra 5 cents worth of plastic? It's so fiddly switching hands out that I'm not really bothering with them. I also glued Hart's feet to his ankles so I can stop worrying about his feet falling off.

Yeah, these dolls can pose extremely well. And look ridiculously cute while doing so. There's just the learning curve with doll posing I need to get used to.

I'm trying so hard not to dig out one or both my 1/12 scale doll houses I have in my closet since I only have two small dolls that want to play in it... I have no space but... Hurm, tempting.

Lols I poked around my vintage shelf looking for suitable parents to take in Hart but found the only two dolls that looked really good with Hart were these two... friends? Bah, I don't know how dolls breed and I don't want to know.

Sindy: But... how???
Posey: I have to tell you something... I was born with a...

Lols, poor Derp. Always surprised by everything.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Re: My 11cm Hybrids, Woo.

Postby Evelien » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:53 am

Aww Hart is so cute!! Sindy really looks like she could be his mother. I don't know about Posey... lol!
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby maywong » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:05 am

Oooo, that was helpful. Thanks for the comparison pixs.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:16 am

Evelien, well, Posey did give him his hair and the Japanese body, haha ;D

Maywong, no problems! I used to be a major kelly doll collector but stopped when the new Kelly dolls had different eyes and such, lol.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:51 am

Do you have a Kid Kore doll? It's about as tall as the new little Obitsu. It has a moveable waist.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby thisstrangeforest » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:29 pm

Hart is very cute!
At home: Faun
thisstrangeforest
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby furubafan3 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Oh my goodness so cute! Was it difficult attatching the ddung head to the obitsu body?
furubafan3
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby tyggereye » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:01 am

These are amazing!! I love them. I love seeing all the different body comparisons. Very cool.
tyggereye
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters