Go to footer

Squee - Micro Tiny BJD

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

Re: Squee - Micro Tiny BJD

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue May 04, 2010 8:56 am

I wholey agree on the similarity between the Realpuki and these "Squee". As for why and the disproportionate hands and feet? Because I guarantee they are both based not only on the "little people" of european/celtic mythos - they also appear to be influenced by the art of Brian Froud. If you look at how he draws imps and such you'll see that they always have the oversized hands and feet - those are basic features of the euro/celt creatures.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Valli » Tue May 04, 2010 11:01 am

I know Donny's inspiration were drawings of Puck by Arthur Rackham. Yes, they have bigger hands and feet. Imps need to stand up properly with thier bigger heads, I suppose. I'm waiting before getting one now.
Valli
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Valli » Tue May 04, 2010 11:09 am

Guess what? He's been deemed off topic on DOA... what a surprise... NOT!!!
Valli

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue May 04, 2010 11:38 am

Valli wrote:I know Donny's inspiration were drawings of Puck by Arthur Rackham. Yes, they have bigger hands and feet. Imps need to stand up properly with thier bigger heads, I suppose. I'm waiting before getting one now.

YES - I was trying to think of the artist - other than Froud (but he's the best known) who did those European Imps with the big hands and feet! Thank you - it was Rackham hahahaha. I'm sure that influenced the Realpuki too :)

And no, I'm not surprised they are off-topic. If they had been on-topic I would have been writing them DEMANDING they make Tinybear's Thistledown on topic too because she is far less "impish" than they are!
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby AmberRose » Tue May 04, 2010 11:44 am

yeah , the dz babies are too but i think they were deemed off topic for limited jointing.
the boys have only 9 joints and the girls only had 5.

my daughter is getting a dz baby girl for her birthday this month she will be turning 5 ;)
she is also getting a awesome spampy outfit crafted for her, the clothes just arrived and i dressed her lil girl and put her back in the box no pictures until my daughter actually gets her though, this week i will be making crib bedding for her babys crib i got her , none of this she knows about she just knows she asked for the tiny yawning girl for her birthday and she will be freddie's (pink js elfkin) baby sister. it's gonna be too cute. as tiny as her dz baby is at a curled up 8cm those dolls must be nut's tiny in person though.
AmberRose
the walls have dolliehs

Postby TINYBEAR » Wed May 19, 2010 3:41 am

HE IS based on Frouds Drrawings ..so was Soso
so no suprise there is a simialr look
but Oh I think he is wonderful ...adds to list , he is going to be stunning next to Soso and Tyni xx
TINYBEAR
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed May 19, 2010 9:17 pm

I look forward to actual owner pics on this one! Imagine one inside a rose or other flower? Peeking out from a plant?
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Valli » Wed May 26, 2010 1:50 am

Greyhaunt, don't get me on the subject of Tinybear's new baby! I spoke my mind on DOA and my post was deleted. I asked why publicly and was told I was discussing something off topic, but lo and behold, everyone else who had also been discussing Thistledown... their posts remained. That really pissed me off. But I didn't want to harm Carrie's business, so I have kept quiet since. She, at least, knows how I feel about it. DOA are a law unto themselves. I like to think we attract a lot more attention here for freedom of speech and free thinking. And... every dollieh! Yippee!

btw Boo is being released on the Luxor site on June 1st. I'm not sure I'll have the money, but if I have, I'm getting that little tweeny.
Valli

Postby leopardessmoon » Sun May 30, 2010 9:15 pm

crap....now I want one...Ive really been craveing tinies lately
leopardessmoon

Postby cirquemom » Mon May 31, 2010 6:39 pm

And yet Charles Creature Cabinet dolls are allowed. Go figure.
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters