Go to footer

Monique Wigs sorted by PukiPuki size 4 (and RD4)

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

Monique Wigs sorted by PukiPuki size 4 (and RD4)

Postby twiddle66 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:41 am

OK- So I found it pretty annoying that you can not simply search by size on the Monique site--which would eliminate having to look through all the styles that do not offer anything Pukipuki sized.

Its crazy that you have to open every single style to find out if they even offer a size 4! So here is what I did for everyone. I have gone through every single style and created a list that indicates the Pukipuki sized wigs (Nothing bigger than size 4) and lists them by name under the size heading rather than the other way around. You can print this list and take it with you to their website and then you won't have to look at all the styles to find one that you like only to see it does not come in size 4.

I have not figured out what "RD4" stands for in terms of size. Maybe they are smaller than "4"? Maybe they are too small for Pukipuki? If anyone knows please reply to this message. I am going to buy one just to see how they work and will update the thread after it arrives.

IMPORTANT: I have also NOT purchased ANY of these wigs yet- so I can not verify which wigs look good on Pukipuki and am not endorsing any particular style. I merely seperated them by size according to what is available on the website.

Edited to Add: Please see STORMLIGHT's reply below concerning moniques size 4 wigs on Pukipuki

OKAY--Here is the list I worked up for everyones convenience:

Monique
Size RD4 and Size 4 Wig List

RD4 AND 4 :P
Bubbles
Coco
Dimples
Honor
Lucky
Rheanna

(Wigs from “other wigs” section)

Hannah
Penny

Just size RD4 :P

Lulu
Lizzy

Just size 4 :P
Bangs
Destiny
Frankie
Ginger
Hope
London
Paige
Paris
Pretty Girl
Roxie
Tori

Blossom
Camille
Clarissa
Christine
Ellen
Evelyn
Lexy
Marianne
Sabrina
Willow
Betty
Chari
Clair
Diva
Donna
Giselle
Gypsy
Jamie
Margo
Marie
Martha
Mini Bebe
Mini Denise
Erica
Mini Ginny
Mini Heather
Mini Jullien
Mini Princess
Mini Stormy Weather
Natalie
Pinky
Sally
Tiffany
Trix
Last edited by twiddle66 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
twiddle66
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Monique Wigs sorted by PukiPuki size 4 (and RD4)

Postby Stormlight » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:13 am

Just so you're aware, a straight size 4 wig will probably be big on a Pukipuki head. I have a Souldoll Little Jandi, and she wears the same size wigs as Puki do. I have several Monique wigs in straight size 4, and they're all loose on her head. I have to use a rubber band or Velcro to hold them on, or they just fall off. If you have magnetic ears for a puki, they'd work to hold the wig on, too.

Jpopdolls sells wigs in smaller sizes, like size 3 and 3.5. They have fewer styles, but the wigs fit more snugly.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby twiddle66 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:47 am

Thanks Stormlight!

I use little magnets that I slip under the wefts to hold wigs on Puki dolls, but I am so glad you told me they are loose because I would hate to be surprised--PLUS I don't like wigs that just plain LOOK too big - regardless of the fit of the cap---

do the size 4 wigs look OK in your opinion?

I did view the Jpop wigs and hope to order some soon! Thank you for all the info!
twiddle66
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:21 pm

I have two Ginger wigs, and there is a LOT of floof to them. The larger sizes are soft curls and waves, but the tiny sizes are straight-up curl. On my Jandi they look good if I'm going for the big-hair look. A Puki would probably drown in them; the wigs are at least as long as their bodies not to mention very poofy.

The Pretty Girl wigs are slightly better as its straight fiber, but they're thickly wefted, especially in the front. On my Jandi they're passable, but on a Puki, again, they'd probably LOOK pretty big. They'd also be very long and would probably need cut, unless you're going for the Rapunzel look.

I also have two size 4 Frankie wigs, which are a short style. I bought them for my Souldoll Kimi (whose head is slightly larger than Jandi's). They're passable, and stay on a bit better because there's less hair to pull it off, but he can't wear a hat with them or anything. They'd probably look okay on a Puki, just poofy due to the style.

I just bought two wigs that I can highly recommend. First one is a Jpopdolls Kana wig in size 3.5. I bought it for my Kimmi because I wanted something with less poof than the Frankie wigs. It's a bit snug (his head is a little bigger than Jandi's), but it seems more thinly wefted than the Monique wigs. It's shaggy with long bangs, but that's the style. The fibers are straight and silky and he can wear hats with it just fine. I think it'd work well for a Puki. It's a bit longer in back but not drag-on-the-floor long. And it could be trimmed down a bit.

Second wig is Jpopdolls Mouse in size 3. It's snug on my Jandi's head, but it fits. No chance of it falling off! It's similar in style to the Monique Pretty Girl in the way it's layered, but the Mouse wigs are specifically designed for tiny heads. They're more thinly wefted and layered so they look more natural in how they lay. I love this style. It looks great on my Jandi, very natural (aside from being pink. lol) On a Puki, it'll be very long, so it'd probably have to be trimmed if you're going for a short look, but there definitely won't be that OMG!HAIR over-wefted look.
Stormlight

Postby twiddle66 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:28 pm

Thanks Stormlight! I looked at the Jpop site the other day and liked some of the wigs I saw--I went back after reading your post and I am going to order both--The Kana Wig in the peachy color was one I saw the other day and wanted- but forgot the name---The Mouse wigs are adorable and very natural looking--I saw them the other day but wondered, based on the description, if they would be TOO small. I am so glad you posted this! Its SUCH a huge help!

My Chu Chu Thanks you too!

(Not sure I am keeping the Mascara! - got a bit carried away because she looked too sad--I felt needed to do something dramatic to try and cheer her up until Pong Pong gets here -- and am just trying this out)

twiddle66
i see dead dolliehs

Postby twiddle66 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:39 pm

PS-- I love your Avatar! I can't seem to get the hang of making an Avatar happen on my profile! LOL

Is that doll a Fairyland doll? He is so mysterious and magical looking!
twiddle66
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:55 am

Glad I was able to help. Your Chu Chu is cute! And thank you! The Shadow King is actually from a company called Boy & Girl (Or B&G) Doll, from their Old World line (http://www.towdoll.com/OldWorld/), which consists of mainly fantasy creatures (elves, vampires, ect). Coloara Mlezzlir is the sculpt name (how's THAT for a mouthful?). I saw him and knew instantly that he was the perfect sculpt for my Shadow King. He's got the perfect stern/pissed off expression. :lol:

Actually, I need to update my Avi here, too. I've since found him his Gabriella, so I need the two of them together.
Stormlight

Postby Evelien » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:39 am

If you buy Monique wigs through Facets by Marcia, you can see exactly what she has for each size.
http://www.facetsbymarcia.com/wigshop4.htm
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters