Go to footer

The Sleeping Elf Tinies

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

The Sleeping Elf Tinies

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:39 pm

While Tinybear (DoA) makes 1/6 size versions, I lovelovelove her tinies! If you haven't seen them, visit her esty store at http://www.etsy.com/shop/sleepingelf and you'll fall in love, too! I am currently saving up for one of the tiny Moona to be followed with a tiny Bracken and then perhaps a Brier-Rose . . . oh dear!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: The Sleeping Elf Tinies

Postby Greyhaunt » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:23 pm

I like her little fat fairies - like looking in a little mirror LOL
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Valli » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:52 am

I have five of Carrie's tinies.
That fat fairies, BonBon (here in pink resin with light green wig) and Coco (in light tan) the baby is by Felixdoll, a Small Comfort, sadly gone out of business.

Bracken now Bohdan

Human Mina in light tan

Moona as a mermaid. Apparently I have the only one. I still have her human legs so she can change back.

In Wood Cottage

The resin is so smooth. They are fabulous dolls. Carrie is a sweetie. I have loads of her mohair wigs, too. They are so incredibly soft.
Valli
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby AmberRose » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:08 pm

isn't tinybear one of the brands they have dennis from bbb cast just like lady saiyuki etc?
AmberRose
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:24 pm

That's possible. When Carrie mentioned the name Dennis, I didn't put two and two together, but it could be. That could also be why it's been taking such a long time to finish her latest mold, Thistledown.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby AmberRose » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:29 pm

yeah i am pretty sure it mentions bobobie as the caster on the site too, thats why she has all their colors available.
btw resinsoul just finished skyblue (darker then the old blue) so i don't think it will be long before you can get that from her too.
AmberRose
the walls have dolliehs

Postby leopardessmoon » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:59 am

ooo...the bracken is really cute. I wish it was a girl though. I like the mermaid doll too. I wish I could see more pictures of her other doll that can be preordered though. does she have a page that isnt the etsy shop?

edit- ok, I found the flicker site! I like moony too!
leopardessmoon

Postby tigerbaby » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:35 am

Bracken *is* available as a girlie: http://littlebloomers.tripod.com/thesle ... /id56.html
This is Tinybear's website, for all her beautiful dollehs, and wigs, too: http://littlebloomers.tripod.com/thesleepingelf/

Here is my Coco, Kelda Curaçao (purchased secondhand off DoA and modelling 'jools' made for her by NancyK):
and her wee gonnigal, CarpeDiem McLeod:
I really need to make some photos of them with New!Camera, they are beautiful.

Tinybears dolls are cast for her by BBB, which is why they come in that wonderful rainbow of colours. A 'Big' Bracken is definitely on my want-list, his face is one of my very favorites in all BJD. I just can't settle on a resin-colour!
tigerbaby

Postby Valli » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:51 am

Tigerbaby, your dolls are gorgeous. Love their outfits!

Carrie is really helpful. If you want a particular doll with a different body, ie a Bracken with a female body, a Mina on a male body, just ask. I know she's ordered all sorts of combinations for people. As far as I know, I'm the only one that has put a Moona head on a mermaid tail, as least that's what Carrie said.

BBB resin is lovely and smooth. I really like his work. He has been instrumental in helping Carrie bring her dream to life as has Blodeuwedd who drew the faces of some of her creations. I know Carrie found it very hard to pass her 'babies' onto Dennis, but now they have made her ideas a reality, she is so happy with the outcome.

It takes a long time for a new sculpt to come to the point where it can be sold. So much work goes on behind the scenes, with prototypes being made, photos taken, sent to Carrie, she makes adjustments, further alterations, further photos, etc. You get the process and finally a little BJD is a reality. It's so exciting.

If you want to hear more about Thistledown who has been deemed off topic for DOA, join her NING site.
http://sleepingelf.ning.com/ Plus all the other information. She's hoping to make a book of patterns for her tinies. She's a very creative woman and a warm hearted generous person.
Valli
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby leopardessmoon » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:58 am

thankyou for the link! I just spent half an hour or so just looking at all the wonderfull fairies!
leopardessmoon

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters