Go to footer

Nano Freya

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

Re: Nano Freya

Postby famedglory » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Yeah...that did not go well on any level. I'm afraid George the First may be dead.

So this is what happened with the color, which I'm actually cool with:

But the problem is some of the parts warped. His head cap no longer goes on:

And his joints are now hella wonky:

So that's a thing. George II has been ordered this time in grey and with a pair of eyes because apparently I didn't actually have a pair that would fit. Second doll around won't be touching the dye pot.
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby oniakki » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:18 pm

Aww, that's too bad on the warping. ;.;
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:05 am

That's a shame :(
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby paladinari » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:34 am

Poor George I :(

At Home: Little Ari (Resinsoul Mei), Gilan (Resinsoul Song), Mina (Jun Planning Ai Cosmos), Yukiko (5StarDoll Tong Tong), Julia (Hujoo Yumi), Lion'a (Hujoo Suve), Ella (Jun Planning Hestia Isora), Mint (Fairland Pukifee PongPong, "unnamed thus far" (Hujoo Nano Freya)
Wish List: Delf Ani, Resinsoul Yun/5StarDoll Angelo (f.), Island Doll Emily, BJD Hamster pet
paladinari
Dolly Pardon

Postby Vetinari » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:58 pm

Maybe he can be a Zombie Kittieh? There to terrify young dolls who misbehave?

...Yeah ordered myself a nano freya - I think this'll be the 1st of the Hujoo cats I receive that doesn't get a jellicle cat scheme, I'm thinking maybe a tabby or tortoise shell
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby AnnetheCatDetective » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:11 pm

Oh, I will definitely need one. (at least one-- I have two each of both Freya and Freyr, so I may eventually wind up with one white and one grey... I keep going back and forth a bit on what to start with, but I'm currently leaning white kitten, purple eyes...)
AnnetheCatDetective
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Vetinari » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:16 am

Found the dyeing method I was talking about: http://twistypuzzles.com/forum/viewtopi ... =9&t=22577

It seems the trick with ABS is 15% acetone and keeping it below boiling, which makes sense since ABS is a thermoplastic. I plan to give this a shot on my Hujoo Hujoo when I find where she's been hidden away in this house... (I want a grubby green goblin for Jareth, even though he isn't that Jareth... )
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:07 am

AnnetheCatDetective wrote:Oh, I will definitely need one. (at least one-- I have two each of both Freya and Freyr, so I may eventually wind up with one white and one grey... I keep going back and forth a bit on what to start with, but I'm currently leaning white kitten, purple eyes...)

I got a white one. I think the eye color is called light violet. I haven't started her faceup yet. I have 2 Freya's, a white and a gray so my girl has two mommies. :)
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby LiveLoveYarn » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:57 pm

I've been dormant for months but ZOMG TEH CUTE!!! Just had to say that...I wandered over to JS for some string and I think a Nano Freya may have hijacked my cart!!!!
Anxiously awaiting Tryniti and Acorn!
LiveLoveYarn
Dolly Pardon

Postby poetrae » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:55 pm

I think I just might get one -- I looked at the Freya's when they first came out ... but the nano one is just so adorable :o
poetrae
i see dead dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters