Go to footer

Franken-Quill

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Franken-Quill

Postby Nimarkiva » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:34 pm

So, a co-worker who is awesome got me a Star Lord action figure and gave it to me today. It's clunky, rough, and the coat is part of the legs, which is really weird. What stays will need a touch up with some paint to make it more accurate. I'm planning on popping off the head, adapting it to a different body with actual joins, recreating his outfit, and painting up his gun. Using a mutilated action figure and a replacement body, I'm going to make a jointed Peter Quill doll from "Guardians of the Galaxy".

The body is on the way, I ordered it a few hours ago. I'm looking forward to this project, and there will be pictures soon. I'm planning on doing the repaint of parts of his mask tomorrow before I have to go to work.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Franken-Quill

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:26 pm

Sounds like a fun project, be sure to post some "in-progress" pictures.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Nimarkiva » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:59 pm

There will definitely be progress pictures- first I've got to figure out how to take off his head, though. I thought it would be easy, but he's actually pretty solid, no pun intended for a toy that looks like a rectangular body with a head and limbs. I think I might use a hammer and a screwdriver on a seam on the body, crack it from there, and then take out the ball joint in the head piece. The good news, though, is that it is a ball joint in the head, so I shouldn't have too much trouble attaching the head to the body that I ordered.

We shall see tomorrow how the dismemberment goes, it's too late for me to do that much noise now.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Vetinari » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:26 pm

Is it this guy?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/e5m/Marvel-G ... B00IJZPZQ2

If he's anything like the Iron Man equivalent you might be able to dip his head into just boiled water and pop it off. The Iron Man from this range has the head and limbs made from a *marginally* softer/more rubbery plastic than the main body that softens up when it gets hot.
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Nimarkiva » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:37 pm

It is, thanks so much for the tip! I'm going to try that tomorrow, then, since nothing else I was doing worked. They got a picture from an angle- looks so much boxier when you see him straight on. XD
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Studio 126 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:06 am

What is the make & model of his new body?
Studio 126
Dolly Pardon

Postby Nimarkiva » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:09 am

I've gotten him a [ZY-B001] ZY TOYS Narrow Shoulders 1:6 Action Figure Body for his replacement body. The size is a bit smaller than what the head is on now, but that's ok since his head is not proportionate to the original body. The original did look a little pin-headed compared to the height and blocky build of the body, so I think it'll be fine. I may have to get creative with the neck joint, but that's ok, I've done that sort of thing before.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale