Go to footer

Frozen & Tangled 'Cute' Before Ever After Style Dolls!

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Frozen & Tangled 'Cute' Before Ever After Style Dolls!

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Whee!!!! So excited for how these came out!!!

Since Frozen and Tangled are set in the same timeline (courtesy of the cameo appearance of Eugene & Rapunzel to Elsa’s Coronation), I really wanted to make 2D animation Frozen dolls in the style of ‘Tangled Before Ever After/The Series’ so they are all part of the same world and ‘look’. :)

I wanted to make Hans & Kristoff as well as Elsa and Anna, but on Disney Store, Eugene ONLY comes in a big huge $100 box set. 0_o I didn’t want to buy 3 of these sets, so I was in a quandary how to accomplish this, until a friend told me that Eugene & Rapunzel BEA (Before Ever After) dolls are in a ‘couple’ set at JCPenney! *-*

I quickly ordered 2 sets from them and as soon as they arrived, began working on the Frozen foursome!

I rooted Elsa and Anna, repainted their faces and styled their hair. I sculpted Hans and Kristoff’s noses and hair, repainted them as well and then dressed them in Disney Store Hans & Kristoff Classic outfits from 2013. For Elsa and Anna’, I kind of wanted to match the ‘winter’ motif of the Tangled dolls, so I said ‘Hey! Why not use the Hasbro ‘Northern Lights’ dolls’ clothing so it seems like a winter scene/aura; plus I didn’t have these NL outfits on any of my other dolls, so it seemed a perfect fit! Bonus: they included iridescent Olaf and 2 Snowgies!! :) So cute! (Only Hans isn’t too ‘wintry’ but his Arendelle cloak is super hard to make and right now, we’re working on another big Hans project [hint, hint: avatar pic] , so his Southern Isles outfit has to do for now for this quickie job. ^^;;

It took one day for the gals and one day for the boys, so in all, a 2 day job to create the Frozen charas as 2D ‘BEA’ style dolls!

I love them with this look—–soo cute!!!!! It was a fun project and I love the results! Hope you do, too! What do you think of them?

ImageImage

Last edited by SetsunaKou on Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Frozen & Tangled 'Cute' Before Ever After Style Dolls!

Postby zirconmermaid » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:41 pm

Just in time for winter! They look great. I love the noses!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:31 pm

Wow! Great job as always. I love seeing all your projects. I had no idea the noses were custom until I read it. Really well done.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby maywong » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:18 pm

You always do a nice job. Are you going to keep these or sell them?
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale