Go to footer

Lammily- normalizing everything about your body!

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Lammily- normalizing everything about your body!

Postby quidam » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:19 am

Lammily tries to normalize all sorts of things, body shape, scars, even cellulite and stretch marks. What other normal thing has been overlooked by doll companies for years? That's right: periods! They are no longer being overlooked, thanks to Lammily. Now you, yes you, can purchase your very own "period party pack" for your dolls! Because nothing says "party!" like a period!
You better buy yours now, because you know that kids are going to be clamoring for this for Christmas. I know when I was little all I really wanted to play with were doll sized sanitary pads.
:lol:

And on the normal side of things:

One of the things people have wanted were more skin tones. Well, they will be releasing a dark skin tone early next year, and she is currently up for preorder. I think she has a different face mold (I'm horrible at differentiating molds with fashion type dolls, so I'm not 100% certain). It appears to be the same body. She's kind of cute:

And, yes, you can also purchase her with a period party pack.
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Lammily- normalizing everything about your body!

Postby DollyKim » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:24 pm

And I was just talking about the Harrison Bergeron notBarbie this morning...

Please tell me this is some sort of modern art or internet troll thing. Feminine hygiene as a toy? Do you get a PMS mood swing playset too?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:45 pm

I'm not entirely sure what to make of it, to be honest.

Making the whole thing less taboo/icky/whatever is a good thing, imo. And it does come with a leaflet explaining what periods are (which has to be better than my introduction to them - "you'll bleed - talk to nanna and she'll give you special towels" - I had visions of huge wads of cut up bath towels!) But it seems gimmicky - like the baby dolls that wet themselves.

And I can say with 100% certainty that I have never looked this overjoyed about periods!
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby victoriavictrix » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:56 pm

DollyKim wrote:And I was just talking about the Harrison Bergeron notBarbie this morning...

Please tell me this is some sort of modern art or internet troll thing. Feminine hygiene as a toy? Do you get a PMS mood swing playset too?

Nope, not internet trolling or an art-concept piece. It's a real thing. And as someone who greeted her hysterectomy with cries of joy...if I had been given this as a toy option, I would have rammed the whole thing down the giver's throat.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:03 am

victoriavictrix wrote:Nope, not internet trolling or an art-concept piece. It's a real thing. And as someone who greeted her hysterectomy with cries of joy...if I had been given this as a toy option, I would have rammed the whole thing down the giver's throat.

[x] Like
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:05 am

Double like. And as for the period party can dolly have mood swings and cramps too?

I had to blog about this and why the root of my life's problems must be not having a doll that's just like me. http://littlewalken.tumblr.com/post/129 ... n-bergeron
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tasuke » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:03 am

i kind of wonder if this is perhaps the Lammily founder's strange form of retaliation upon at least the more militant elements of the feminist community, i dunno...
Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:04 pm

Maybe he's lashing out at something he can't have or be, or it could be a case "if I'm not special then no one can be special".

Dolls are just dolls.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Studio 126 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:54 pm

DollyKim wrote:Maybe he's lashing out at something he can't have or be,...?

I don't understand that mentality. As a caregiver for my 21yo daughter and as a husband, I don't see anything particularly desirable about that process. It is what it is, but it has nil play/aesthetic value.
Studio 126
Dolly Pardon

Postby DollyKim » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:49 pm

It's just an idea and a personal opinion. Maybe he wasn't allowed to play with Barbies when he was younger so he developed such a dislike he had to make an anti-Barbie and stick his face on the first one. I can let the face thing slide because it's common enough for artists.

There's just a lot of little personal reasons and experiences that bother me about the idea about the doll and making everything about her "average".
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale