Go to footer

Lammily- normalizing everything about your body!

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: Lammily- normalizing everything about your body!

Postby Studio 126 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:42 pm

I grew up with all-male action figures, too, but now that my interests are co-ed, I've had to get my ladies from somewhere...

In my adult collection, female arti-dolls became accessible before male ones did, so my "action team" was all-female for a while. That is why I adopted the Charlie's Angels motif with them.
Studio 126
Dolly Pardon

Postby Anderson'sAllPurpose » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:00 am

Idk, I'm still not the slightest bit worried about Nikolay Lamm coming to confiscate all my pretty dolls. Not even if I thought Barbie was the objectively prettiest, which I honestly don't. Weird, huh?

The period-thing deserves the kind of deep political discussion that makes me tired just thinking about it. Something about weird white-knighting and definitely buying one anyway for the fun/wtf factor of the 1/6 accessories.

I'm still not buying a doll until/unless the design of the body and articulation improves. The skirt is nice, though.
dollieh pics|old dollieh rants|ALL NEW dollieh rants
OMG, I can't believe I'm almost 11 and still play with Barbie dolls! If anyone find out I'm gonna die!!!1!
- my diary, c. 1991

...How long has that "s" in my signature been missing? - me, 2016
Anderson'sAllPurpose
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Studio 126 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:14 pm

Though male, THIS SKIT illustrates the problems with dolls that are TOO realistic...!
Studio 126
Dolly Pardon

Postby DollyKim » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:29 am

It doesn't matter who made the video, it's funny and makes a good point.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Android raptor » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:08 pm

So, does she also come with a mini bottle of wine and chocolate? What about a 1/6 bottle of midol and bloodstained sheets to wake up in? Y'know, for the full period experience.
Android raptor
i see dead dolliehs

Postby maywong » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:21 pm

quidam wrote:Lammily tries to normalize all sorts of things, body shape, scars, even cellulite and stretch marks. What other normal thing has been overlooked by doll companies for years? That's right: periods! They are no longer being overlooked, thanks to Lammily. Now you, yes you, can purchase your very own "period party pack" for your dolls! Because nothing says "party!" like a period!
You better buy yours now, because you know that kids are going to be clamoring for this for Christmas. I know when I was little all I really wanted to play with were doll sized sanitary pads.

Lol
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby embyquinn » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:33 am

Oh...kay.

My feelings for the whole Lammily concept just went from dislike to full-on disgust. I'm all for normalizing ordinary biological functions, but DAMN. How much crack did Lamm have to smoke before he thought menstruation would be a fun thing for playtime?

One more reason to give this fugly hunk of PVC a miss.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Samseramsamsam » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:57 am

I am beginning to join the "disgust fraction" (even though my poor Agnes is not at fault XD): I recently got a newsletter email promoting "special Halloween costumes!" which looked like a child with some cheap felt went wild... I did not look at the prices, but holy moly!
My mini knitting blog can be found at insomnimaniacs.wordpress.com

Wielding pointy objects only to create, not to harm... ];->
Samseramsamsam
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:26 pm

If I want 'average' or 'normal' I have a mirror. I'm just wondering what's next? Menopausal Lammily? Complete with chin hairs and bright red stickers she can wear to show she's having hot flashes. I like my pretty dolls, wearing pretty things I've made for them. I have real life...I need a bit of fantasy these days to keep me sane.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:01 am

I want one whose weight fluctuates! Dolly doesn't represent me enough unless she has an 8 pant size sudden gain and gradual loss. I also want the experimental hair cuts and colors from my college years. If she wasn't bullied in school I don't see how I'm supposed to think of her as remotely "normal". Did she grow up poor? Did she graduate from college and use that knowledge to change her outlook on life? Does she have fur and plastic children instead of human ones?

I've had a dolly whose life was/is quite close to mine for most of this century. He spent most of it in a box with his buddies while I was busy making up not that much like me OCs for my customs.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale