Go to footer

Elena of Avalor & Gabriel Nunez 11" Disney Dolls

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Elena of Avalor & Gabriel Nunez 11" Disney Dolls

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:02 pm

Finally! Disney Store released the 'Elena of Avalor' 11" Doll Box set last week! I've been waiting for it for the Lt Gabe Nunez doll included! (And so far, ONLY available in this box set! Argh!)

I kept Gabe, of course, and rebodied his head onto a Mattel Fashionista jointed male body (because I absolutely detest the DS male bodies! They're horrendous!) and I kept Elena's crown princess dress because I wanted the skirt's fabric to add to my Singing Elena doll's skirt. She was lovely but her factory skirt was so narrow! I added an entire new skirt to it to give it more fullness like it should have as shown in the TV series.
I also kept her 'pants/adventure' outfit for her. (As if I ever undress/redress my dolls, but I have all the other princesses' 'casual' outfits in a bag, so I kept Elena's, too.) I retouched Elena's faceup with blushing, gloss and real eyelashes. She sings a piece of 2 songs when you twist her left wrist: "My Time" (her anthem from the 'movie') and 'The Magic Within You' from an episode of the TV series. I don't like that there is music behind her singing. All the other princess dolls have acappella singing. But Elena and Moana are just clips from their songs. Nothing special and just like the 'Mattel' or 'Hasbro' singing dolls which are jarring. :shrugs: Why do they change their format? But I guess singing differently is better than not singing at all! :laughs:

I bought the 3 Jaguguars plush dolls and I'm still looking for a Zuzo 'spirit fox' figure. If they never release/make one, I'll have to construct one myself but I'm giving a chance before I do, to see if they do have an official one to coincide with the release of the 'tv movie' on my birthday. (Nov 20)

For Gabe, I redid his eyes to glance at Elena. (Have you noticed how almost all the prince dolls to the princess dolls are gazing at their girl, BUT the girl is not gazing back at them?!?! I've had to redo almost all the prince eyes to glance the opposite direction so that the girl/guy can be looking at each other!! :laughs: I guess Disney is trying to convey the prince longing for the princess, but not vice versa. ^^;;
But me? I'm a romantic at heart so my dolls MUST gaze lovingly at each other! :laughs at silly self:

Anyway, the box set also comes with Mateo, Naomi and Isabel plus an Isabel spare gown, but I've already sold Mateo & Naomi! It seems everyone wants them separately!! :laughs: To me, Mateo looks awful because he's supposed to be this really skinny young guy and it's so not him on the bulky, chunky, clunky DS male body!! :laughs: If I'd have kept him, I'd have definitely rebodied him onto a Monster High male body! That'd suit him 1000x better!

On to the photos!!!

Here are a couple shots of Mateo (doesn't he look AWFUL on this horrible body?!?!) & Naomi (She's adorable!) before I sold them: (I didn't retouch them at all---they're as is from the box)

SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale