Go to footer

Fortune Days / ICY Blythe-like doll?

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Fortune Days / ICY Blythe-like doll?

Postby Geekmama » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:06 am

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone here had any experience with the Fortune Days or Icy brand of Blythe knock-offs. I've been looking at getting a Blythe, Pullip, or similar doll for some time. The Icy doll looks incredibly poseable!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ofertas ... 6c83&tpp=1

The faces look super-shiny, though, which I don't find that appealing, myself. I'd love to hear from anyone with experience with these dolls or similar ones!

Oh, I forgot to mention that they have extra hands, too! Here's a link with diff pictures:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Nude-ic ... 7226f8efb8
Geekmama
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Fortune Days / ICY Blythe-like doll?

Postby yarwel » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Looks like she's on an azone body(or a knock off of same). Here's a similar body on hobby link.
Sorry I can't offer any more information. I've never heard of her before. :)
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:23 am

Check Ebay for "basaak doll", "icy doll", "blythe Clone", "blybe" and what ever else it suggests too.

Body wise it's all a matter of personal taste. I have my Blythe on a click knee (Barbie like) Takara because it keeps her heavy head from falling over or collapsing.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Geekmama » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:57 am

Thanks, folks! I see she comes in matte, too, which is good, because that shine is a bit disconcerting to me for some reason. I've never heard of basaak! I'll go check those searches. Thanks!
Geekmama
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:57 am

Wow. Looking through that site I see they don't sell anything but knockoffs and recasts of popular companies. Fairyland, Unoa, ect... :/
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Geekmama » Mon May 01, 2017 8:50 am

Yeah, you def don't want to buy a BJD there! It's also known as TaoBao and is famous for low prices / cheap stuff, but you have to be wary about legitimacy. I've gotten absolutely wonderful wigs from sellers there, though. And great cheapie kawaii school/office supplies. Oh and kitchen stuff, LOL!

The more I look, the more I like "Factory Blythe" knock offs over the ICY dues to eye shape. Who knew there were so many??
Geekmama
i see dead dolliehs

Postby victoriavictrix » Tue May 02, 2017 2:11 am

AliExpress has pretty awful reviews.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/AliExpress

I wouldn't risk my money there.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Geekmama » Tue May 02, 2017 9:31 pm

Oh wow! I've bought a ton of stuff there and never had a bad experience! But it's like Ebay- you have to check the seller's ratings. I usually get stationery and planner stuff there, but I also buy most of my BJD wigs and eyes there. I've been thrilled so far. The one time my P.O. lost a squishy (like $1.34) the seller sent me another one for free.
Geekmama
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale