Go to footer

My Momoko is here! (now without photos)

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

My Momoko is here! (now without photos)

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:27 pm

Got a great deal on her from the Doll Market and they were willing to work with me on the shipping. (Alaska shipping thru Fedup or Uoops is horrible!) She's a 'Safari Dry Wind Blonde' model. I like her looks except I'm not sold on the long blonde hair. The clothes are such good quality and really lovely details/sewing, but the hair seems a bit cheap and very fly-away. I'm thinking I will start by cutting it back to a bob and then if I still don't like it, I'll be looking for a re-root from my favorite doll artist. I'm also scratching my head at the gray/black boots. She's much closer to Barbie size but her body is thinner. She's 11" tall tho. (My Chinese Kuhrn Girl is almost 12" tall and has a big head proportion.) I don't see any fashion/clothing packs online anywhere. I may just make here a kimono and call it a day. I don't like doing the teensy sewing much anymore.

For anyone who has one, are there any pre-made clothing lines that fit her?

I decided to give her hair a trim just to the shoulders. I like it much better but I may still go shorter.
Here are a couple of new Barbie dresses I found for her. I think both are pretty cute.

Tried on the shoes I already had in my Barbie storage bin and it was hit or miss on the fit.

Sorry the photos are gone, but I deleted my photobucket account. Will repost with photos when I find a place I like.
Last edited by kenaiqueen on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: My Momoko is here!

Postby Greyhaunt » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:09 pm

Congratulations - I love Momoko. She can actually fit nicely in some Barbie clothing - though don't ask me if it's new or old style Barbie body because I have no idea where the clothes I've put on some of mine comes from LOL.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:26 pm

She'll fit Barbie "Petite" clothes well, as well as wear the current gambit of shoes available since Barbie introduced flats to her closet and the new high heeled shoes account for an ankle joint too. "Original" Barbie sized clothes (aka the new 2016 Barbie body) will fit cuz the clothes are much more form fitting and cut smaller than Barbie clothes that predate 2016.

MC2 Project Girls also fit Momoko really well though the shoes are too big.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Kd_Bunchanumbers wrote: "Original" Barbie sized clothes (aka the new 2016 Barbie body) will fit cuz the clothes are much more form fitting and cut smaller than Barbie clothes that predate 2016.

Well that explains why what I have hanging around here didn't fit her too well. I'll dig out some of the Barbie shoes I have too. Thanks!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale