Go to footer

Star Wars Action Dolls

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Star Wars Action Dolls

Postby Arkinlae » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:28 pm

So I knew when I first saw Jyn (before I even watched Rogue One :P ) I had to have these. My Arwen had been left on her own for to long as the only 'realistic' looking doll in my collection.

Then I discovered it was not only Rogue One they did but Original Trilogy and Force Awakens. So obviously I had to grab Leia <3

Finally my most recent additions have been the men. My initial intention was to get Krennic and the Death Trooper to complete the full Rogue One set, but sorry Vader is just to good to leave. Plus the ladies both have their corresponding villain. So now I can fully update with a picture of all of them. I love how the baddies seem to be having a battle of the capes XD

Biggest niggle with these is the eyes. I must have looked through every one they had in the store and they all had mismatched eyes one was always smaller than the other. For Leia they even brought their stock out of the back for me and she seems to have faired the best trading dodgy eyes for eyebrow.
I would love to see a Noel Cruz version of these. It does seem that as with the Disney Belle doll the sculpt is fine it's just the paint job. I find I cant quite take Krennic seriously with his lipstick look. As of yet I don't think I'd be confident enough to attempt my own repaint. I did debate turning him into Grand Admiral Thrawn if he really started creeping me out but he's grown on me.

Fortunately though which I honestly didn't expect the men seem to have as much articulation as the women, though Vaders clothes hinder it somewhat.

I have attempted a full set of pictures of Jyn showing the articulation. I will add all of them if people ask. I will say it is my first time doing it so hopefully they're clear.
Doll Family: Dollfie Dream Mai Shiranui, Iplehouse Freezia, Luts Nanuri 07, Dollshe Van, Dollzone Ying.
Pullip Shinku 07, Dal Tinkerbell
Makie: Ragtag
Monster High Frankie, Draculaura, Lagoona, Venus, Spectra, Clawdia Wolf, Cleo, Gooliope, Mousecedes*
Ever After High: Madeline Hatter, *Doreen Mouse (Mousecedes custom) C.A. Cupid Thronecoming
Be Goth Doll Esperanza, Princess Ai
Dollikin Action Girl, 80s Sindy
Arkinlae
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Star Wars Action Dolls

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:46 pm

That's a bummer about the eyes. :( But I think they look great other than that. And look at that pose! That's some pretty decent range.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Arkinlae » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:52 am

Dark Angel wrote:That's a bummer about the eyes. :( But I think they look great other than that. And look at that pose! That's some pretty decent range.

The other thing I forgot to mention is Krennic has a huge head which I found confusing or maybe the girls just have small heads. With his height as well it does make Jyn look more like a child than a full grown woman.

Its just the clothes that hinder full movement on the joints not as badly as Vaders but the Rogue Ones have quite robust thick fabric for the scale anyway Ive already been debating tryibg to make Jyn a thinner pair of trousers so she can kneel down better. Possibly some for Krennic too if I can figure the shape at the top but the thought of removing his trousers seems sacrilegious -0.0-
Doll Family: Dollfie Dream Mai Shiranui, Iplehouse Freezia, Luts Nanuri 07, Dollshe Van, Dollzone Ying.
Monster High Frankie, Draculaura, Lagoona, Venus, Spectra, Clawdia Wolf, Cleo, Gooliope, Mousecedes*
Ever After High: Madeline Hatter, *Doreen Mouse (Mousecedes custom) C.A. Cupid Thronecoming
Arkinlae
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:40 am

Arkinlae wrote: the thought of removing his trousers seems sacrilegious -0.0-

:lol: Do it for Justice! Or Science! Or just better posing ;)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Arkinlae » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:55 am

So I may have gone and got another Jyn (for a fiver I wasn't going to say no) mostly to play around with and try custom stuff. If Leia ever goes down this low you just know I'll be getting more of those to do Empire and ROTJ iterations :D )

I was originally thinking of replacing my original Jyn for one without wonky eyes, but as it turns out I think my original one (right) looks more reminiscent of Felicity Jones than the new one. (Or I'm just to used to her face now :P)

As I'm not brave enough to attempt a face up on a head this small yet her face may stay the same, but as it has always been with my dolls I hate them having their hair up so her hair has already come out. Just trying to tame/straighten it for the moment as the Jyn bun twisted it into frizz.
Quick preview of the body in all its glory.

I'm tempted to try and get this one on a more aesthetically pleasing body just in case she ends up in shorter outfits, plus her boots are attached in a similar manner to the hands so on her current body she won't have any normal bare feet. Her joint being at the base of the neck and not the top/chin is probably going to make this task a pain in the bum. Seeing as I love Felicity Jones in other roles though like Catherine Morland in Northanger Abbey (and complete nostalgia for her Ethel Hallow in the Worst Witch) I might just focus on clothes for the time being and worry about the rest later.
Arkinlae
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale