Go to footer

yosd scale and the new Barbie clothes

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

yosd scale and the new Barbie clothes

Postby quidam » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:32 pm

I found out today, and thought others might be interested: some of the new Barbie clothes now fit the more normal sized yosd scale.

I know they can usually fit the thin scale, like Resin Soul, but now they have ones that can fit thicker dolls. Look for the clothes that have all four of the Barbie sizes checked off, and they will be both longer and wider than normal, making for a nice fit.

It was a lovely surprise when I found it out today. I had been looking for new outfits for two of my girls, but it can be hard to justify some of those prices at times. (I mean, yikes! I don't spend that much on my own clothes most of the time!) So, nice, cheap Barbie clothes are wonderful if they work!
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Re: yosd scale and the new Barbie clothes

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:46 pm

Awesome! That's good to know.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Studio 126 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:48 am

I've never heard the term "yosd" scale before. What does it mean?
Studio 126
Dolly Pardon

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:03 am

It's for bjd's. It's the 1/6 scale size. It's a term the Volks company made, I believe.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:23 am

Black hair-black top-red skirt is a "Yo-SD" sized Dollzone BB. Her outfit belongs to her "MSD" sized parents on the far left. All three are about the same width.

The 1/6 ers but the Monster are Obitsus or hybrids, red hat is a Hujoo, the babies are 11cm.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby quidam » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:45 am

Sorry for the confusion about that! Since anything 1/6 scale can be in this section, I wanted to make the subject clear. And, since 1/6 BJDs can still come in lots of different shapes and sizes, I figured yosd would be the best description.

Also thought I would note that of the clothes I bought 1 dress was till too tight. So, it might not be 100%. But the other dress, top, and skirt were perfect.
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:23 pm

Apparently some of the newer clothes are made to fit all of the new sized Barbies, including the plus and tall girls, so they are either larger or have more stretch. I've been buying a bunch to try on my Momoko and some are just too baggy to suit me but I've been taking them in a bit to fit better.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:20 am

The confusion is only relative. That pic is at least 5 years old and part of a line up that was to show off all my Junky Spot dolls. Throwing in the Orientdoll and Monster ended up being an afterthought for making a general size reference shot.

I should pick up one of those fits all four outfits to see if it fits Darci and Jem and the Holograms, I think I saw an art one. They're about one size bigger than the general Barbie. I only have a petite in those bodies on my Barbie Me.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale