Go to footer

Testing Out Image Posting, Don't Mind Me (Help . . .)

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Testing Out Image Posting, Don't Mind Me (Help . . .)

Postby Kattriella » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:27 pm

Testing out how image posting works, la la la~

And I can't tell if it's working because my phone is psychotic . . . Does anybody see a picture? All I see is the word "image" on my end.
Last edited by Kattriella on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Testing Out Image Posting, Don't Mind Me (Help . . .)

Postby Studio 126 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:52 am

That's all that I see, too. Welcome, anyway.
Studio 126
Dolly Pardon

Postby DollyKim » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:55 am

No image, just a blue box with a question mark. You should be able to hit the IMG tag in full edit mode for posting and paste the image URL between the tags.

Looking forward to seeing your dolls :)
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:00 am

I'm pasting the URL between the [img] brackets, but it just isn't working. It is because I'm using Flickr? Does it just not work with Flickr? I'm so confused. I really don't want to go back to Photobucket . . .
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:40 am

Well, I just tried uploading it to Photobucket and using that URL. Same result. Maybe it's because I'm on my phone? If so, I guess I won't be sharing any pics on this site . . . Oh, well, I guess. If it won't work, I guess it just won't work. :(
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:10 am

Do either sites have a link just for message boards that already has IMG as part of it? Or you can just post a link.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:17 am

DollyKim wrote:Do either sites have a link just for message boards that already has IMG as part of it? Or you can just post a link.

I'm not sure. Everything with this phone and the service provider is so messed up right now. I'm going out of town on Friday, and switching service providers and (most likely) getting a new phone when I get back into town around Tuesday. I'll see if that helps somehow. It wouldn't surprise me if it's my phone not doing something correctly.
Kattriella

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:10 pm

Are you using Flickr? Here's what helped me:

Kirahfaye wrote:Dark Angel, you click Share, as you noted. Then you pick the BBcode from the choices on the window because this forum, like many, use that format. You have to copy the entire line of information to the page because Flickr got smart several years back when they realized that we could just highlight the portion of the actual image and disregard the part that was the "ad" for Flickr. LOL.

Anyway you copy the entire line of information. I've added spaces between the command symbols so they will show up. [ url=https://flic.kr/p/T1tvAS ] [ img ]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3929/33479562770_0b8ae92221_z.jpg[ /img ] [ /url ][ url=https://flic.kr/p/T1tvAS]harperandfriend[ /url ] by [ url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/44994110@N04/ ]Kirahfaye[ /url ], on Flickr

You can paste it just like that, but you can shorten it (which I do all the time).

Do you see the part I have in bold red? That's really the only part of that entire mess that you need to embed the photo. The rest is Flickr ad nonsense. So this - [ img ]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3929/33479562770_0b8ae92221_z.jpg[ /img ] when you delete all of the surrounding stuff gives you this:

My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby K2! » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:04 pm

Kattriella wrote:Well, I just tried uploading it to Photobucket and using that URL. Same result. Maybe it's because I'm on my phone? If so, I guess I won't be sharing any pics on this site . . . Oh, well, I guess. If it won't work, I guess it just won't work. :(

You have to pay to upload images from Photobucket now, so unless you've got deep pockets find another image hosting service.

This was the image you were trying to display this morning.

On the Flickr page selecting BBCode on the "Share" feature should give you this, your image with the flickr stuff at the end of the image:
ImageIMG_20170921_183111 by Kattriella NoLastName, on Flickr

On the Share/BBCode feature if you cut/copy the image tags and everything in between you get just your image:

Our board has a maximum image size it will display. Images larger than 640 X 500 will be resized to display within this size. We also use a zoom feature that allows you to view the larger original image. When a magnifying glass appears in the upper left corner of an image (as in the top image above), click on the image to see the full size.

Hope that helps.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Kattriella » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:40 pm

K2! wrote:
Kattriella wrote:Well, I just tried uploading it to Photobucket and using that URL. Same result. Maybe it's because I'm on my phone? If so, I guess I won't be sharing any pics on this site . . . Oh, well, I guess. If it won't work, I guess it just won't work. :(

You have to pay to upload images from Photobucket now, so unless you've got deep pockets find another image hosting service.

This was the image you were trying to display this morning.

On the Flickr page selecting BBCode on the "Share" feature should give you this, your image with the flickr stuff at the end of the image:
ImageIMG_20170921_183111 by Kattriella NoLastName, on Flickr

On the Share/BBCode feature if you cut/copy the image tags and everything in between you get just your image:

Our board has a maximum image size it will display. Images larger than 640 X 500 will be resized to display within this size. We also use a zoom feature that allows you to view the larger original image. When a magnifying glass appears in the upper left corner of an image (as in the top image above), click on the image to see the full size.

Hope that helps.

I don't get that kind of URL when I click Share on Flickr. I've Googled trying to figure out how to find it, but my phone isn't displaying the pin icon everything is saying it should . . . I'll have to hop over onto my laptop when I can get to WiFi to see if it's just my phone.
Kattriella

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale