Go to footer

Meet Delanie, Everyone!

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Meet Delanie, Everyone!

Postby Kattriella » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:05 pm

This is Delanie.

Delanie used to be a Chambray Chic Barbie Fashionista, but she, sadly, came down with a dreaded affliction: Glue Head Syndrome. Her poor little noggin was packed full of deteriorating glue that was seeping out into her hair. She's gone through two Goo Gone treatments in the last year as temporary fixes, but even she finally had to admit it was a lost cause . . . So she hesitantly agreed to allow her blond locks to be chopped off and the glue removed. The whole thing was quite traumatizing for the poor dear. To try to make her feel better, I finally let her have that spare Made to Move body she's been eyeing lately. (She's been begging to wear some of the cute outfits in my stash, but they just wouldn't fit her curves. I know her pain . . .)

Luckily, Delanie has a friend named Ella who herself wears wigs due to hair loss, and who graciously loaned her friend her spare wig.

Delanie isn't feeling nearly as bad now, and seems to have decided that the wig isn't nearly as horrible as Glue Head Syndrome ruining her hair.

Something tells me Ella isn't getting that wig back. Somehow, I don't think she'll mind, though. I mean, how can you say no to that face?

Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Meet Delanie, Everyone!

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:41 pm

She is beautiful in that pink wig! Ella is a good friend. :)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:51 pm

Dark Angel wrote:She is beautiful in that pink wig! Ella is a good friend. :)

I know! I always loved the face of the Chambray Chic doll, but Delanie never really looked . . . happy. Somehow, removing her gluey hair made her seem happier, and then giving her that pink wig just seemed to make her light up. I swear, sometimes it seems like they really are alive. O-o I guess she was just happy she didn't have head goo seeping out of her skull anymore. That would ruin anyone's day.
Kattriella

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:03 pm

Kattriella wrote:I guess she was just happy she didn't have head goo seeping out of her skull anymore. That would ruin anyone's day.

:lol: It sure would!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:07 am

She looks very cute with hair color.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:53 am

Delanie appreciates the love, guys! Or she would if she and Ella weren't still asleep . . .
Kattriella

Postby maywong » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:17 am

Ah yes, the old glue in the head problem. I had to reroot a few of my Barbie heads because of that. Your girl looks very cute in that wig. Are you going to reroot her too?
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:47 am

maywong wrote:Ah yes, the old glue in the head problem. I had to reroot a few of my Barbie heads because of that. Your girl looks very cute in that wig. Are you going to reroot her too?

I might, eventually, but I have close to a dozen other dolls who need customised first, so Delanie is on the back burner for now. She doesn't seem to mind.
Kattriella

Postby Eseme » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:10 pm

The pink and that dress suit her very well!

I hate Glue Head. I have several Monsters who need help with it, sigh.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:13 am

Eseme wrote:The pink and that dress suit her very well!

I hate Glue Head. I have several Monsters who need help with it, sigh.

Eseme

I've found Goo Gone, then Dawn (or any other dish washing liquid, really), then a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to rehydrate the doll hair. You can use warm water, but not hot. It'll melt the glue faster. I usually do a second round of conditioner and rinse with cold water. It does something to the hair that makes even that cheap, dry feeling doll hair like what's usually used on newer Skipper dolls, or on the original Ghoulia. I got my Ghoulia's hair so soft doing this, and it's so easy to style now.
Kattriella

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale