Go to footer

I've Come to a Conclusion About Barbie Dishes . . .

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: I've Come to a Conclusion About Barbie Dishes . . .

Postby Kattriella » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:15 am

I've seen the Kitchen Littles stuff, but they aren't quite the right size or shape for what I want. I like the size of some of the older, larger Barbie plates because I'm using them with Integrity Toys dolls, too. I have several of the right size already, but not enough for the whole crew. And I already know I'm going to have to make cups for them because I can't find any I like . . . *sigh*
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:55 am

Re Ment might generally be too small then. It's not an exact scale but more what will fit in the box. Most of my dolls who use it are Volks and Obitsu who are Barbie or smaller.

25cm and smaller at the table

Dragon Neo Adam, close to regular Ken size
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:40 pm

DollyKim wrote:Re Ment might generally be too small then. It's not an exact scale but more what will fit in the box. Most of my dolls who use it are Volks and Obitsu who are Barbie or smaller.

25cm and smaller at the table

Dragon Neo Adam, close to regular Ken size

Most of the ReMent stuff would be okay, since MOST of the dolls who would be using it are Barbies or slightly smaller dolls, like 27cm and 23cm Obitsu girls, and the Integrity Toys dolls are actually meant to be characters who are 6+ feet tall, so Rement will technically loo like a normal scale with the dolls, but I like the slightly larger plates for some reason. Plus, the guy running the kitchen is an IT doll, so what he says goes. (I swear, Seth is more demanding about his kitchen than the girls are about their clothes . . .) Finding kitchen stuff is a bit of a pain, and it's going to be costly, but I figure if I'm making all the furniture from paper, cardboard, and scraps of cloth, I can splurge on the kitchen a little. Or, you know, spend most of the dollhouse budget on it.) (I found a set of glasses and pitchers I like on eBay! Now I just hope I win the auction . . . *crosses fingers*)
Last edited by Kattriella on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:33 am

Update: After much deliberation, I have, in fact, opted to use a combination of Kitchen Littles and ReMent stuff. If I'm going to be spending a fortune on doll kitchenware anyway, I'm at least going to save myself SOME trouble. I will still take any other suggestions, though. The dollhouse is always growing, so I can always use more cool stuff for the kitchen. ;)
Kattriella

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale