Go to footer

Looking for a body swap for a 90s era Teen Skipper

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Looking for a body swap for a 90s era Teen Skipper

Postby Kattriella » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:10 pm

I have a Cool Sitter Skipper doll who I absolutely adore, and who has . . . I'll call it decent articulation, especially for the era she's from. However, with her age and how difficult it would be to replace her should she be damaged, I'm looking to find her a new body, preferably with better articulation. I don't mind her losing her unique body shape all that much. I'm mainly concerned that due to her age and my lack of knowledge of how she was handled prior to my owning her (I bought her secondhand) either her bend and click knees will break or one of her elbows will snap off while posing her and I won't be able to use her at all. Because of her sort of peach colored skintone, I don't know of any modern Barbies that will match her. I've heard a rumor through the grapevine that the Made to Move blond soccer player has an orange/peach tone to her skin, but I don't want to order one just to have it not match.

She doesn't seem to have fader or darkened significantly due to age, so I'm curious to know if anyone has found a good match for the 90s era peach/orange skintoned Barbies. (I'll go ahead and ask the probably stupid question I'm really thinking: Would the Obitsu Normal skintone be a remotely viable match for her? I'm really desperate here . . .)
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Looking for a body swap for a 90s era Teen Skipper

Postby maywong » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:32 am

Do you have a pic of the doll?

I have a older orange/ dk. peach skin tone Skipper head that I am going to repaint the face. I already rerooted and
dyed the head to match the MTM body that I have.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:03 pm

maywong wrote:Do you have a pic of the doll?

I have a older orange/ dk. peach skin tone Skipper head that I am going to repaint the face. I already rerooted and
dyed the head to match the MTM body that I have.

Not at the moment, I don't have a picture. I'd have to dig out my photography lamp to get a proper idea of her skin color. Through a bit of research, though, her skintone looks somewhat similar to the Lovin' Leopard Fashionista, and I know MyFroggyStuff on YouTube did a body swap with that doll recently. There might be hope yet, and I can always fudge it a bit with some pastels and MSC. I'll take Skip with me to Walmart on Friday and do a little comparison. The Camping Fun MtM doll might actually be a somewhat decent match, too. Again, I can always darken the MtM doll a little to make a better match. I'll post the results once I check.
Kattriella

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:46 am

The Karate/Soccer blonde MTM definitely has an orange undertone to the skin tone. It's a teensy bit lighter than the 90s Orange skin tone but it's much better than other body matches.

ImageCh-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes by John Pickles, on Flickr

ImageFashion Pack 2017 by John Pickles, on Flickr
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:35 am

Soccer player definitely looks like she could work for my needs, especially if I put just a touch of pastels near her neck. Sadly, I can't find her in our stores . . . (I'll probably just order her from either Mattel or another online retailer if I find she's the best option.) I'm going to see if the Camping Fun MtM girl might work, too, since I've been told she's a bit orange/peachish as well. I should be reporting back with my findings tomorrow.
Kattriella

Postby Studio 126 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:26 pm

Kd_Bunchanumbers wrote:The Karate/Soccer blonde MTM definitely has an orange undertone to the skin tone. It's a teensy bit lighter than the 90s Orange skin tone but it's much better than other body matches.

ImageCh-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes by John Pickles, on Flickr...

Is that the Diva sculpt (1985)?
Studio 126
Dolly Pardon

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:58 am

Studio 126 wrote:
Kd_Bunchanumbers wrote:The Karate/Soccer blonde MTM definitely has an orange undertone to the skin tone. It's a teensy bit lighter than the 90s Orange skin tone but it's much better than other body matches.

ImageCh-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes by John Pickles, on Flickr...

Is that the Diva sculpt (1985)?

Yeah she's the Empress of China doll who uses that sculpt.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale