Go to footer

Medicom Project BM! Kamen Rider OOO Ankh [Pic Heavy]

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Medicom Project BM! Kamen Rider OOO Ankh [Pic Heavy]

Postby werepuppy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:22 am

About a month before Christmas, I was browsing - as you do - on Mandarake, looking at some Kamen Rider stuff. I came across this Medicom 1/6 scale figure and... well, the price was fantastic and Mum offered to get me it for Christmas. Which meant that even though it arrived really early, I wasn't allowed it until Christmas, lol. Just thought it would be nice to share some of the pictures here.

Front of the box. I like the stark whiteness with the stock image of the figure. Sadly this isn't one of the Medicom figures that has a flap front to let you inspect the figure, so this stock image is likely the first you see of it.

I have been informed that the back tells us that there is Ice Candy Included. Because, of course, Ankh will not work without his ice.

Okay, so the reason that the price was so good was that the stand was missing. I can tell you know that I've never had a better free-stander than Ankh. He stands solid and his joints are all pretty tight so there's not wobbly limb-ness to worry about. He was also meant to be stained and frankly, I've seen this stain and unless you've got the light right on it, you cannot make it out.

Posed next to the box just for a comparison to the stock image. Not much difference - though his eyes catch the light all the time. It's quite lovely, actually, even though I'm really a fan of his dark eyes.

I've really got to say that the likeness to actor Ryosuke Miura is <i>fantastic</i>. Medicom were kind of the big name for this type of thing before Hot Toys - see their Real Action Heroes line - and I'm not going to lie; I wouldn't mind being able to pick up another couple. Granted, it would need to wait for another fantastic deal - they're gorgeous but generally out of my price range. Worth every penny though.

And of course, being a bird, Ankh tends to like perching in high places or in trees. We are not allowed to judge this, apparently, because we have no real comprehension of what it is to be him. The bird man rises. Or perches. Whichever it is that fits best here. Like this shows, the articulation is pretty great, though I will say the arm articulation is probably hampered a little by the layers he hears - jacket, shirt, t-shirt. It looks fantastic though.

Rewarded for taking part in a photo shoot with one of his precious ice candies. I was prompted told to go away and leave him alone at this point so I think we'll leave it there.

I am beyond grateful to my Mum for getting me the figure, and I adore him so much. I've been after it since the first release in 2011, though I had no real way of getting hold of it because it was a Medicom Premium Club Exclusive. That it showed up on Mandarake half of retail was just... a dream, really. But only real. Because here's here.

Hope you are all doing well!
werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Medicom Project BM! Kamen Rider OOO Ankh [Pic Heavy]

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:45 am

He's kinda cute.

Just wanna say, be careful when moving his arms. Snake broke his shoulders joint and I had to epoxy.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby werepuppy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:51 am

@Iwa_Hoshi: Thanks for the heads-up! I mean, thanks to the jacket his arms are pretty hard to move (apart from elbows) but it is duly noted!
werepuppy

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:26 am

He looks really cool!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby werepuppy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:51 am

@Dark Angel: Thank you! I think his look is pretty cool as well :)
werepuppy

Postby DollyKim » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:17 am

@Iwa_Hoshi Is this the same shoulder joint they use for the blank RAH? Mine literally disarmed himself so he wears a tight shirt. My Phantom of the Paradise is holding together but he's got a skin tight unitard on too.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:11 pm

DollyKim wrote:@Iwa_Hoshi Is this the same shoulder joint they use for the blank RAH? Mine literally disarmed himself so he wears a tight shirt. My Phantom of the Paradise is holding together but he's got a skin tight unitard on too.

Snake's body would be this one(scroll bottom). Seems like this fellow also broke his shoulder.

So I do hope that QC's been done between the years.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Eseme » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:43 pm

Wow! He's stunning, and the clothes look quite realistic.

I am super happy you got him for such a great price!

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale