Go to footer

Articulated Body for Twilight Vampire Barbie?

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Articulated Body for Twilight Vampire Barbie?

Postby Kattriella » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:10 pm

I have plans for a custom doll that I want to be as fair as possible, but I want her to have an articulated body, of at all possible. The vampire dolls by Mattel from the Twilight Saga are around the skintone I'd like to use, but I can't find an articulated body in that skintone. Does anyone know of a doll, by any company, of comparable size that would work, or be close enough to work? Price isn't too much of an issue, as I'm along to save up money for this particular custom, assuming I can find a doll to use for her.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Articulated Body for Twilight Vampire Barbie?

Postby DollyKim » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:25 am

The lightest I have are Obitsu white and a blonde Ever After High.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:15 pm

Kattriella wrote:I have plans for a custom doll that I want to be as fair as possible, but I want her to have an articulated body, of at all possible. The vampire dolls by Mattel from the Twilight Saga are around the skintone I'd like to use, but I can't find an articulated body in that skintone. Does anyone know of a doll, by any company, of comparable size that would work, or be close enough to work? Price isn't too much of an issue, as I'm along to save up money for this particular custom, assuming I can find a doll to use for her.

Dollykim-san is right---Obitsu White skin is super pale but they are slightly smaller and thinner than most 'Barbie' bodies. (IE. The shoulder span is so thin that it looks a bit odd with Barbie heads on them. Some are okay but most are way too big.) Volks also had a WS body but they've been discontinued since 2010, though they sometimes pop up on eBay.

Not sure how articulated you want but Disney Store ELSA and ANNA dolls are pretty pale. Especially Elsa, though she's got a slight purplish/pinkish tint to her paleness. Anna is more a normal pale but Elsa looks paler.
If you buy the Frozen Disney Store dolls from 2015-2016, they have jointed knees, ankles, wrists, elbows as well as the usual arm/leg/head swivels/joints.
If you buy the Frozen Disney Store dolls from 2013-14 and 2017-18, they discarded the jointed knees and ankles for the regular 'click knee' rubbery legs. (And the 2017-2018 dolls have flat footed rubbery 'click knee' legs.)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kattriella » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:24 am

I think I'll try to find one of the articulated Elsas. The doll I'm planning is still a long way off, so I'm more concerned with making sure she has a body than anything else.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby maywong » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:48 am

A pale CG/CY or Triad body might work. Both are quite pale looking. I don't have either one body in that color but you can find them on eBay.
Both of the bodies will work with a Barbie head. The Triad body you will have to do some mods on the head to get it to fit the body.

Here is a Barbie head on a AA Triad body.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12184
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Tasuke » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:47 am

SetsunaKou wrote:Dollykim-san is right---Obitsu White skin is super pale but they are slightly smaller and thinner than most 'Barbie' bodies. (IE. The shoulder span is so thin that it looks a bit odd with Barbie heads on them. Some are okay but most are way too big.)

indeed, differences between the OBITSU and BARBIE bodies are quite marked;

( BARBIE NATURAL SKINTONE "MADE TO MOVE" v. OBITSU PALE/WHITE Skin with SMALL Bust)

Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:53 am

Have you tried a Xinyi body? They came out with a new body style, with more joints.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/14-Joint-Movea ... SwvAda1wWf

Here is a review on them with the older body.
http://multicrafteral.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... xinyi.html
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:16 am

The skin tone might compare to Obitsu white, I have some guys by what I guess to be the same maker and they're close to Obitsu normal.

A bit of searching might turn up a better price. The arm and leg articulation is okay, kind of like a jointed Barbie, they can sit normally, but my guys look like they have a waist joint and it's either stuck or just doesn't work.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale