Go to footer

Two New Members of The Room!

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Two New Members of The Room!

Postby werepuppy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:45 pm

I will open this by saying that both of these newcomers are the result of saving up money made from selling off figures from my collection, old DVDs, and some books. It's been a long progress save and I'm staring the process again though the why for that one will be explained soon. So! My two lovely new Room Mates!

Jun Planning J-Doll Andrassy Ave. I was fortune in that I was able to get her on sale via PullipStyle and did not get hit by customs when she entered the UK. My original intention had been to get a Pullip but this girl's style appealed to me a lot and she found her way into my cart quickly.

It wasn't until a few days after she had arrived that I realised she is the perfect image for the long standing We Will Rock You OC that I have - Motley Crue, more commonly called simply Mot. That wasn't always her name, you understand, but she left behind that old identity when she left Ga Ga Land to join the Bohemians. She's a rebel rocker, all for the freedom, and is the most technologically adept in The Room, being that she's technically from the 24th Century.

I need to do some more with her, really, but I am very aware of how delicate J-Dolls are. She's on her stand, currently, place safely back on one of my book shelves, well away from the edge. I really love her blue hair - it just pops so well!

Please welcome the cousin of Wednesday Addams, Ophelia! Daughter of Morticia's sister* - Ophelia is named for her mother. She has no idea who her father is, one of her mother's many beaus, and has a particular affinity with wolves

Ophelia here is a Sekiguchi Momoko Black Riding Hood. I have been wanting a Momoko for quite some time now and when I first saw the pictures for this one, the idea of Ophelia Jr just jumped into my mind, fully formed. It was fortunate, really, I've been wanting to bring along some of Wednesday's extended family for a while, since I wasn't really sure how I would go about either getting the Barbie Morticia-and-Gomez set or customising the other immediate family members.

And here is where I admit there is one other Momoko that has caught my eye that would fit perfectly as another of Wednesday's cousins - she has a lot, but this is the one other who is her age and generally rounds out the 'group' she finds herself placed in with Ophelia. Trying to save up the money for her now, as she's a bit on the pricer side, but I'm hoping I'll be able to do it. Got some Figmas to sell which will hopefully help, and maybe some dolls. Not sure atm.

But yes! Two new members who will likely show up in a photo story at some point or other. Thanks for taking the time to read the post!

(*Ophelia Frump is Morticia's sister in the original 60's show, and in the 90's reboot. She was meant to be in the first movie as one of the many guests at the ball for Fester, but was referred to as Ophelia Addams. Most notable for having an on-off love affair with Cousin Itt.)
werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Two New Members of The Room!

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:29 pm

The first girl is SUPER cute.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby maywong » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:27 am

I love the blue hair.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Eseme » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:41 am

Great stories for both of them, and I love how well they fit in your collections.

Your Adams Family trivia knowledge is impressive!

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby werepuppy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:49 am

@Dark Angel: She really is. I don't think the pictures actually capture how cute she is? Her features are just so delicate and lovely and her clothing is awesome for the scale and size. She feels quite delicate, which is my only downside. But still amazing!

@maywong: Blue hair on dolls is legit a weakness for me. And this is such a brilliant blue, it just suits her so nicely.

@Eseme: I guess in that respect, I'm quite picky - I have to feel like a doll would fit before buying. Especially when they cost a bit more than playline costs. And thank you, I'm a huge Addams Family fan.
werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale