Go to footer

How Badly Do You Want This Doll?

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

How Badly Do You Want This Doll?

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:29 am

I follow this seller and have bought things from her before. Most of her dolls and clothing start off at $9.99 and get higher than I want to spend, but - WHOA!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Integrity-2010 ... 2428400406
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: How Badly Do You Want This Doll?

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:37 am

Holy cow! Beautiful doll but no thank you.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby K2! » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Holy crap! She started at $9.99 and was bid up to that! Someone(s) wants that doll BAD!
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby victoriavictrix » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:33 am

I'll bet you any amount of money that's two bots bidding against each other and the buyers didn't bother to set a cutoff price. I'll bet you they both bail on their bids.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:48 am

victoriavictrix wrote:I'll bet you any amount of money that's two bots bidding against each other and the buyers didn't bother to set a cutoff price. I'll bet you they both bail on their bids.

I hope not, for brodjam's sake. I've seen several of her dolls (and even some clothing sets) go for hundreds but this is the first time I remember anything going this high - and on the first day to boot.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby Kattriella » Sun May 27, 2018 11:36 am

It might depend on how short of a run of production this doll had. I've seen some Integrity Toys dolls go for pretty high, especially ones from a few years ago that are becoming more and more scarce. I think the most I've paid for one so far was close to $200, but it was a more recent one, so people were still selling them secondhand. Usually, only a few hundred of each doll are made, so the older they are, the higher the price you're going to pay, and Poppy Parker collections usually sell very well.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Lovelyfashiondoll180 » Sun May 27, 2018 5:39 pm

Kattriella wrote:It might depend on how short of a run of production this doll had. I've seen some Integrity Toys dolls go for pretty high, especially ones from a few years ago that are becoming more and more scarce. I think the most I've paid for one so far was close to $200, but it was a more recent one, so people were still selling them secondhand. Usually, only a few hundred of each doll are made, so the older they are, the higher the price you're going to pay, and Poppy Parker collections usually sell very well.
Im wondering why the 1997 swimming ariel dolls go up to 150?
Lovelyfashiondoll180
i see dead dolliehs

Postby maywong » Mon May 28, 2018 9:38 am

WOW!
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Thu May 31, 2018 8:23 am

Lovelyfashiondoll180 wrote:
Kattriella wrote:It might depend on how short of a run of production this doll had. I've seen some Integrity Toys dolls go for pretty high, especially ones from a few years ago that are becoming more and more scarce. I think the most I've paid for one so far was close to $200, but it was a more recent one, so people were still selling them secondhand. Usually, only a few hundred of each doll are made, so the older they are, the higher the price you're going to pay, and Poppy Parker collections usually sell very well.
Im wondering why the 1997 swimming ariel dolls go up to 150?

Most likely just a lack of them circulating in the secondhand market, so people charge more for the ones that are. Water toys, especially dolls, often didn't survive children because they wound up full of mold and mildew or the doll's hair would sour due to improper drying, so the parents just threw them away. Also, most parents probably tossed their kids old bath toys anyway, which is where most swimming dolls got the most playtime. There's just not a lot left in a condition worth reselling, let alone buying, so you're usually going to wind up really paying for one in good condition.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu May 31, 2018 9:59 am

Just a couple clarifications: this isn't a "water toy", Poppy Parker is a fashion doll. Also, the starting bid for this doll was $9.99 which is what this particular seller starts 99.8% of all her auctions at. I bought several things from this seller, I've even helped her with BJD questions in the past, so I don't want anyone to have the wrong idea about her. :D
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale