Go to footer

How Badly Do You Want This Doll?

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: How Badly Do You Want This Doll?

Postby Lovelyfashiondoll180 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:31 pm

Kirahfaye wrote:Just a couple clarifications: this isn't a "water toy", Poppy Parker is a fashion doll. Also, the starting bid for this doll was $9.99 which is what this particular seller starts 99.8% of all her auctions at. I bought several things from this seller, I've even helped her with BJD questions in the past, so I don't want anyone to have the wrong idea about her. :D

He/she was talking about the swimming ariel doll from 1997
Lovelyfashiondoll180
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Lovelyfashiondoll180 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:36 pm

Also the reason why I'm asking is because i have the doll but my dog got into it and ripped the tail all i need is the tail and bra
Lovelyfashiondoll180
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:50 am

Kirahfaye wrote:Just a couple clarifications: this isn't a "water toy", Poppy Parker is a fashion doll. Also, the starting bid for this doll was $9.99 which is what this particular seller starts 99.8% of all her auctions at. I bought several things from this seller, I've even helped her with BJD questions in the past, so I don't want anyone to have the wrong idea about her. :D

I was talking about the swimming Ariel doll being a water toy. I know Poppy Parker is a fashion doll, by Integrity Toys correct? I own . . . seven . . . ? I think seven Integrity Toys fashion dolls, with plans to add more as I can. I love IT's dolls. Poppy Parker is definitely one of their biggest sellers (and oddly enough, I DON'T have a Poppy Parker in my collection . . .), and her older collections can sell for crazy prices if they're complete. The $2,000+ price tag doesn't actually surprise me for an older set. I've seen some going for pretty steep prices recently just because two people get in a bidding war because they REALLY want her. (Personally, I redress all my dolls and usually don't use their original clothes, so I don't mind buying mine nude secondhand at a cheaper price. That's how I've acquired most of mine.)
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:48 am

I was fortunate enough to find my 16" Poppy Parker on sale at Fabric Friends and Dolls about a year and a half ago. She's one of my two IT grail dolls. The other is Misaki.

The doll in question never popped back up in the sellers auction list, so I'm going to assume it all went well. /crosses fingers
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:10 am

Kirahfaye wrote:I was fortunate enough to find my 16" Poppy Parker on sale at Fabric Friends and Dolls about a year and a half ago. She's one of my two IT grail dolls. The other is Misaki.

The doll in question never popped back up in the sellers auction list, so I'm going to assume it all went well. /crosses fingers

I hope so. I hate the idea that someone lost a sale like that . . .
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Lovelyfashiondoll180 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:34 pm

victoriavictrix wrote:I'll bet you any amount of money that's two bots bidding against each other and the buyers didn't bother to set a cutoff price. I'll bet you they both bail on their bids.

Yeah it would be sad if that happened ive seen it happen multiple times especially with action figures and pullips. :?
Lovelyfashiondoll180
i see dead dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale