Go to footer

Anime/Videogame/Manga Dolls!

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Anime/Videogame/Manga Dolls!

Postby DeadlyVixen » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:20 am

So I'm a big Otaku and all my dolls are either Anime,Videogame, or Manga related. There so many anime dolls out there, most of which are almost impossible to find or really expensive :cry:. I've seen al lot of customs as well, which I must say are usually much more accurate than the official dolls lol. So please post pictures and discuss them!
DeadlyVixen
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Anime/Videogame/Manga Dolls!

Postby Itsaiya » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:25 am

I made a Kamina (Gurren Lagann) obitsu... but he's a little bald and capeless o_O;
Akihito [DZ Yuu], Red [ED Red], Sweetpea [DF Popo], Apollo [BBB Apollo], Reli [B&G Sharon], (phoenix) Efriete [B&G Afra], (human) Efriete [Migidoll Miho], Seth [Migidoll Ryu], Horus [Obitsu 50cm].

Do want: DR Xiao chi [as Xieu]; DOD Luke v2 [as Daven]; DIM Rain [as Rain]
Itsaiya
Dolly Pardon

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:52 am

My so -call customed characters don't quite look like their actual counterparts(Chun Li, Zealot of Wildcats, April and Casey of TMNT) unfortunately

If anything I tend to let my dolls cosplay other characters, limited sewing skills and all

'Young Genkai' of Yuyu Hakushu with Chun Li and 'Not excatly Trish' (didn't make her clothes)

'Songstress Yuna'

Team vocaloid (This year's WIP)
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby embyquinn » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:32 am

I made a Pegasus J. Crawford/Maximillion Pegasus doll for my beloved. As soon as I finish his red velvet suit I'll post piccahz.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:24 pm

I have some of the Inuyasha gang, however they don't look like their actual manga counterparts. I made them more realistic looking. Here is a example:
Last edited by maywong on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Android raptor » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:19 am

A good chunk of my guys are based on canon characters, mostly from Gundam series no one gives a shit about and Pokemon one-shots. Yes, I know my tastes make me a freak.
Aina and Ghinius Sakhalin, from Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team. Ghinius was actually my first dollieh ever, since I'm like the only fangirl he has on this Earth and wanted *something* related to him to fawn over (as being an obscure and unloved character doesn't lend well to merchandising).

Jirarudan/Lawrence III/that horrible Pokemon collector from Pokemon: Revelation Lugia/Pokemon the Movie 2000-The Power of One. I've only recently gotten back into Pokemon, and this little bugger is one of the main reasons why. Let's just say he's probably one of the most oddly endearing and adorable one-shot villains ever, and after months of fanfic reading, fangirling, and squeaing I had to dollieh him. He has a weird penchant for popping of his legs at the knee-joint though. I blame my love of pairing him with Giovanni (yes, THAT Giovanni) for all the wrong reasons :o

Continuing the trend of one-shot Pokemon character who are more awesome than they should be, Mysticalman Eusine decided he needed a doll too some months after Jiri. I think he's also convinced he models for Abercrombie&Fitch, since the above it pretty much how every pic I take of him turns out. He also ended up with the worst case of bedroom eyes out of my crew, which helped him earn the distinction of "default slut" when I'm trying to figure out what clothes would look good for my guys.

Those are just a few, since I've got a few more that I haven't taken pics of or haven't finished.
Android raptor
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Geektopian » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:00 pm

Iwa, A.R. and Setsuna were the first people I thought about when I saw this thread. Only one of 'em still needs to post here!

My only real foray into anime/manga characters was a half-witted or half-hearted attempt some years ago to make Deunan and Briareos from Appleseed. I guess you can tell from the lack of photos what ultimately became of that. :lol: In my defense, I did have a lot of real world upheaval going on while I was trying to work on them. I liked the heads and weapons from the Hot Toys versions (the bodies had materials quality issues) and the Cy Girl version Takara did was also cool but just too expensive for me. I also wanted my versions to be closer to the characters as they appear in the first two volumes of the manga collection and also in the late '80s OVA release.

Generally, I prefer (at least vaguely) original characters 'cause I'm just lazy like that.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby SetsunaKou » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:39 am

Iwa, A.R. and Setsuna were the first people I thought about when I saw this thread. Only one of 'em still needs to post here!

Ha ha! You're right, Mlatch-san!! ^.~ Thanks for remembering me!!! :hugs: I'm a crazy anime dollfie collector/maker!!!

Oh my goodness! I have about 200 Volks/Obitsu Anime/game dolls for myself and have made at least that many or more for commissions. What series are you mainly interested in? There's a possibility I've made dolls from it.

Here are my 60/70cm BJD anime dolls:

My sister also has the 'matching' couples from the same anime that are her favorites. Here are our BJD dolls together in 'group shots':

La Corda d'Oro 1&2:

La Corda d'oro 3:

Haruknaru Toki No Naka De 1, 3, 4 (these are the same dolls 4 times, but I switch around their wigs, clothes to become their counterparts from each series, since they're their ancestors and look like each other anyway! I've yet to take HaruToki 2's group shot---they're 'Autumn' so I plan to do it within the next couple of weeks or so!)

Yu-Gi-Oh!:

Gundam Wing:

Sailor Moon:

X-Men:

Here are a few 'group photos' of my own dolls (La Corda d'Oro, Harukanaru Toki No Naka De 3, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Gundam Wing, Final Fantasy X/X-2, and also X-Men and Sailor Moon, though I don't have group full shots of those 2 yet. Sailor Moon....I don't know why! I've had them since 2001/02! But X-Men are still in process and only half done. ^^)

La Corda (though I've added 7 dolls since this picture...):

HaruToki 3:

Yu-Gi-Oh! (I've changed and made new versions of about 8 of them since this photo):

Gundam Wing:

Final Fantasy X/X-2: (I'm in process of selling most of these to make room for my new X-Men set.)

Sailor Moon:
(To be posted soon--I have 4 sets in full - Irwin America, Irwin Canada, BanDai Japan and my own Volks Japan set, but it's the Volks custom ones you're probably mainly interested in.)

X-Men:
(To be posted soon---I'm so excited to finally make the X-Men!!! They're all done and costumed, but headless, waiting for the heads to arrive from getting rooted, in my curio cabinet right now!)

Fushigi Yuugi: (My sister also has Suboshi & Yui, but never photographed yet...^^;;)

For the commissioned dolls:

Here is a list of the series I've made dolls from. If you'd like to see any of them, just let me know and I'll post their photos.

6" dolls:
Ah! My Goddess, Air Gear, Alice the 19th, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Ayashi no Ceres
Chrono Crusade, CLAMP X, Death Note, D Grayman, Elfen Lied, Eureka 7, Fate/stay night, Final Fantasy, Fruits Basket, Full Metal Alchemist, Fushigi Yuugi, Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Gaiden, Get Backers, Gurren Lagan, Horseland, James Bond Jr, Kiddy Grade, Lilo & Stitch, Love Hina, Magic Knight Rayearth, Marmalade Boy, My Hime, Paradise Kiss, Record of Lodoss War, Revolutionary Girl Utena, R.O.D. The TV Series, Sailor Moon, Samurai Champloo
Soul Eater, Spider Riders, Tenchi Muyo, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Tsukihime, Voltron, Wolf & Spice, Yu Yu Hakusho

27cm & 60cm Dolls:
Angelique, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Azumanga Daioh, Bakugan, Basara, Ben 10: Alien Force, Card Captors, Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, Chobits, Chrono Trigger, Clamp X, Code Geass, Code Lyoko, Da Capo II, Dark Stalkers, Des Blood 4, Detective Conan, D.N. Angel, Escaflowne, Evangelion, Dragonball Z, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy X, Full Metal Alchemist the Movie, Fushigi Yuugi, Gundam Seed Destiny, Handmaid May, Harp Princess, Harukanaru Toki no Naka De 1, Harukanaru Toki no Naka De 2, Harukanaru Toki no Naka De 4, Hellsing, Idol Tenshi Youkoso Yoko, Inspector Gadget, Inu Yasha, K-On! Kingdom Hearts 2, Legend of Zelda, Lunar: Silver Star Story, Macross, Macross Frontier, Magic Knight Rayearth, Magic School Bus, Magical Girl Lyrica Nanoha Strikers, Magna Carta, Mai Hime, Mariasama ga Miteru, Marvel's Avengers (Comic Style), Megaman NT Warrior, Mermaid, Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, Mortal Kombat, Naruto, New Adv. of Jonny Quest, Nightwalker, Noa, Oh! My Goddess, Ouran School Host, PGSM Sailor Moon, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Pocahontas, Pokemon Advanced, Pretty Cure, Princess Ai, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Rurouni Kenshin, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Sailor Moon, Saki!, Shadow of Colossus, Shuffle, Silent Hill 2 & 3, Slayers, Sleeping Beauty from KH2, Soul Calibur, Spider Riders, Strawberry, Suikoden, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tenchi Muyo, Totally Spies, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, Twilight of the Dark Monster, Valkyrie Profile, Vampire Knight, Virtua Fighter, Voltron, Wedding Peach, WeiB Kreuz, Xenogears, Xenosaga, XXXHolic, Yu-Gi-Oh! Gx, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5ds, Zoids
Last edited by SetsunaKou on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:34 pm

*worships Setsuna and sister for their madz skillz*

I been to your site and saw your Airbender dolls as well as fave anime characters (KOF plushies <3). Its just so awesome to see what you both come up with. :D
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Tira-chan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:24 am

I have to admit, I'd love to see your DNAngel dolls, as well as any CLAMP ones you might have done.
Tira-chan
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale