Go to footer

Head swap/body replacement suggestions? (Rose Petal Place)

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Head swap/body replacement suggestions? (Rose Petal Place)

Postby WhiteDove01s » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:11 pm

Ok, I've been on a nostalgia kick and picked up some Rose Petal Place dolls on the very tail end of my spring splurge. So far, one arrived with sticky-leg and had to have an emergency decapitation. I don't know what condition the remaining ones I won on ebay will be in, and just in case (as these are prone to that particular horrific condition) I'm trying to make some backup body plans. Now, Rose Petal Place, it turns out, can swap clothes (even shoes!) very well with the newer Barbie Chelsea. But the neck peg on Chelsea is too big to fit the Rose Petal Place doll's head. So, does anyone have suggestions for a body this type of head might fit on? Or should I attempt some modification of a Chelsea neck peg? Also suggestions for color matching as Rose Petal dolls tend towards a lighter and pinker shade (save Iris, who is AA). For a reference, here is poor Lily-Fair's decapitation showing the neck peg design before I got the body far away from me and my dolls...
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Head swap/body replacement suggestions? (Rose Petal Plac

Postby mollym » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:43 pm

I don't really have an idea, since I don't own many small dolls. I do have my Rose from my 6th birthday my uncle gifted to me. It's nice to see a few of them are still out and about. Maybe a Hornby Flower Fairy body might work, but I'm not sure.
Man dolls.... because baby dolls come from somewhere. ;)
mollym
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby WhiteDove01s » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:49 am

mollym wrote:I don't really have an idea, since I don't own many small dolls. I do have my Rose from my 6th birthday my uncle gifted to me. It's nice to see a few of them are still out and about. Maybe a Hornby Flower Fairy body might work, but I'm not sure.

I had a Rose as a child, too, but what happened to her is unknown (certain relatives did a purging of any of my toys around the time I hit puberty, something I have still not forgiven them for). This year I got on a nostalgia kick for my birthday (41!), and decided to aim for a complete set of six (stands and complete outfits not required.)

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, those look like interesting dolls! Whether I get any or not, I may look at them for some inspiration regarding some of the Bin of SOBs ("same ol 'blond" Stepford-smiler barbies XD). I've added them to my possibles list to look into. I'm also eyeballing some cheap 6" dolls I just spotted on Walmart.com called Shibajuku Girls. They have kind of a huge head, but a tiny neck... so maybe... Hopefully I won't even really need to know, but I like to have contingency plans.
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby asenath_waite » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:46 am

I put a few Rose Petal Place heads on early 2000s Mattel Harry Potter bodies (theyr'e the same as the Gymnast Stacie body, but pale) and they work pretty well.
asenath_waite
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby WhiteDove01s » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:02 pm

And of course I see this post second! I'll have to track some of those down and give it a try!
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby asenath_waite » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:40 pm

Here's what it looks like. The RPP heads are pretty hard; I needed to let them heat up for a while before I could get them onto the new bodies.

asenath_waite
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby DollyKim » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:10 am

She reminds me a bit of B Pudding from Robot Chicken and it makes me wonder if the Breyer (as in the horses) dolls would be a skin match?

Used to see them a lot at the tack shop when we had the pony but they're too small for my 1/6 scale preferences.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:31 pm

asenath_waite wrote:Here's what it looks like. The RPP heads are pretty hard; I needed to let them heat up for a while before I could get them onto the new bodies.

Wow, that really does look great! What company makes that version of the HP dolls?

And I know what you mean about the hard vinyl. I had to pull as hard as I could with both hands and STILL thought I wasn't ever going to get my first Lily's head off. But I was determined to at least save the head, and 'sticky leg syndrome' is one of the few dolly things that really scare me because of how it can be contagious to other dolls in the same vinyl batch. With the RPP dolls only being made for one year... I just couldn't risk having her body anywhere near my collection. But I did pretty good for my birthday splurge in the end, ending up with 5 out of 6 of the main charas, most of their primary outfits, and three floating heads to have some fun with.

Also, have to ask, re. the username... Cthulhu mythos fan?
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:40 pm

DollyKim wrote:She reminds me a bit of B Pudding from Robot Chicken and it makes me wonder if the Breyer (as in the horses) dolls would be a skin match?

Used to see them a lot at the tack shop when we had the pony but they're too small for my 1/6 scale preferences.

I'm not sure as I've never managed to get an actual Breyer. I know they come in two different scales. I did have a Breyer-clone doll called "Paradise Horse And Rider" and I can confirm it can even share clothes with RPP (and the newer Barbie Chelseas, making me ponder headswaps there for the sake of Having Joints)... unfortunately the only one I had... well, the neck peg was flimsy and did not survive decapitation. Also the skin tone wasn't anywhere near a match with that one or I'd try to make a replacement neck peg, but the neck looked about the right size, so I'm considering those for possibilities too, if I can find some secondhand and in the right scale. It might be a month or two (or Christmas) before I can do another big bit of dolly shopping, but I like to plan ahead. XD
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:16 pm

Will a body like this work?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale