Go to footer

Head swap/body replacement suggestions? (Rose Petal Place)

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: Head swap/body replacement suggestions? (Rose Petal Plac

Postby WhiteDove01s » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:27 pm

DollyKim wrote:Will a body like this work?

Kelly or Kellyclone? Probably not. I don't have one nearby to test (tho I could have sworn there's one or two around here somewhere!) I tried a newer Chelsea and the neck peg was WAY too big (even though the bodies are close enough to where they can swap clothes). RPPs have them some bitty neckholes, they do.
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:39 pm

I think it's a Kelly, she came home in a thrift store bag with older smaller Kelly dolls in it.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby asenath_waite » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:36 pm

WhiteDove01s wrote:
asenath_waite wrote:Here's what it looks like. The RPP heads are pretty hard; I needed to let them heat up for a while before I could get them onto the new bodies.

Wow, that really does look great! What company makes that version of the HP dolls?

And I know what you mean about the hard vinyl. I had to pull as hard as I could with both hands and STILL thought I wasn't ever going to get my first Lily's head off. But I was determined to at least save the head, and 'sticky leg syndrome' is one of the few dolly things that really scare me because of how it can be contagious to other dolls in the same vinyl batch. With the RPP dolls only being made for one year... I just couldn't risk having her body anywhere near my collection. But I did pretty good for my birthday splurge in the end, ending up with 5 out of 6 of the main charas, most of their primary outfits, and three floating heads to have some fun with.

Also, have to ask, re. the username... Cthulhu mythos fan?

They're Mattel. They made a line of Harry Potter dolls in the early 00s using articulated Stacie bodies from the 90s in a lighter color of plastic. There's two kinds. One has a switch on the back that moves the right arm (I think this was Bowling Stacie, repurposed for wand-waving), and the other doesn't. They're out of production but easy to find on eBay and not too expensive if they're not NRFB. The new Mattel Harry Potter dolls use a body similar to Ever After High, and its neck is much too big for the RPP heads.

Sticky leg is caused by the plasticizer coming out of the vinyl, I think? Eeugh.

Yup, Lovecraft fan since high school. I don't have any really Lovecraftian dolls though, except the fish-people-themed Monster Highs. Tentacley BJDs are unfortunately a bit out of my budget.
asenath_waite
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sun May 31, 2020 3:49 pm

DollyKim wrote:Will a body like this work?

I didn't have an older Kelly to hand, but the neckpeg there looks similar to the Barbie Babysitter toddler boy I pulled off a shelf to inspect. In fact, the neck hole diameter and neck peg comparison are just about identical to that... if it weren't that the Rose Petal dolls' heads are so friggin HARD vinyl that I can't squish em to deform the hole to get it on over the peg. I still might give it a try depending on how things go. Funds are non-existent right now.
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale