Go to footer

BTS boys

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

BTS boys

Postby kenaiqueen » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:23 pm

I picked up 2 of Mattel's BTS K-pop boy band dolls to date my Momoko and Kuhrn girl dolls. They are kind of cute altho I'm not very fond of the clothing. Apparently they are outfits from a popular video. I haven't tried on any Ken clothing yet, but it's looking like they will probably fit.
ImageBTSBoyz1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr

So far, the girls seem a bit unimpressed. The head size seems to be between the size of the girls; not quite right for either one, but I guess they will do for now.
ImageBTSBoyz2 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
I need to de-box the boy with the dark & blue hair. He's got a cute single dimple in one cheek. I saw on a blog that Kurhn has 2 new boy dolls but they have molded hair. However, I believe the molded hair can be removed and a wig slipped on if one wishes. They are a similar anime style as the regular Kurhn girls.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: BTS boys

Postby victoriavictrix » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:49 am

All I can say is that the 60s called and they want their couch and bedspread back.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby maywong » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:17 am

victoriavictrix wrote:All I can say is that the 60s called and they want their couch and bedspread back.

LOL

I wish the head were smaller like Ken size. I like their faces.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:08 pm

victoriavictrix wrote:All I can say is that the 60s called and they want their couch and bedspread back.

:lol: Hard to believe, but those were the 2 least horrible! I was hoping the blonde boy's hoodie was separate but it isn't. Need to drag out my Barbie box and see what else I have I can put them in.

The faces are what sold me on them.

ETA: Ken clothes fit okay, just a little loose. They have very slim hips/waists. The shoes were a tight fit, but went on okay. I think if I did a permanent redress, I'd take in the pants a bit. Most of the current Ken clothes available are just trendy shorts so I may look for some jeans on ebay.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sun May 31, 2020 3:32 pm

I have certain to-be-ooaked character dolls who would wear those outfits ON PURPOSE. Granted, that's because I'm plotting dolls of alternate-universe (primarily Earth-3) versions of Gotham super-villains... (and these look like something someone swiped out of the back of the Joker's/Jokester's closet.)

If the Ken clothes are a bit loose on them, I'm guessing the outfits would be too tight on a Ken doll?

Maybe more androgynous Barbie outfits would fit these? I know that worked ok when trying to dress a slim male obitsu...
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:51 am

Looking at the hands I've guessed they're on the 1999 Ken body. It has a waist, elbows, and knees. It's just thinner than the average non Malibu 80s Ken but not like the Fashionista skinny, and just slightly taller.

In the general scheme of things all my Kens and most custom guys have easily shared clothes. The only one I could see not fitting is the Fashionista with a tummy.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale