Go to footer

Barbie Lounge Kitties

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: Barbie Lounge Kitties

Postby asenath_waite » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Studio 126 wrote:
asenath_waite wrote:Emilia appreciates no longer being a rubber-legged thrift store find...

What head does Emilia have? A Steffie sculpt...?

I'm not sure. Her skin tone and eye style suggest late 80s - early 90s Mattel, but her copyright mark says Disney (no date), and I haven't found her face in eBay or Google Image searches for Disney dolls.
asenath_waite
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Studio 126 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:13 am

asenath_waite wrote:I'm not sure. Her skin tone and eye style suggest late 80s - early 90s Mattel, but her copyright mark says Disney (no date), and I haven't found her face in eBay or Google Image searches for Disney dolls.

Disney...?

I would guess that she is a Disney Classics [ca. 1991?] Snow White, then (if such exists).
Studio 126
Dolly Pardon

Postby DollyKim » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:47 am

A better look at her face would help determine if she's a Snow White. Most of the Mattel molds have an open mouth smile and a bit of a Sunshine Family look to them.

There's so many Disney dolls you have to get specific like 'snow white doll 80s' to narrow it down.

Looking at them I wouldn't pass up a proportional, or at least not big head, Snow White to be Mary Poole.

*She looks similar to the wedding Snow White from the 80s or look at the Bikin dolls
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Studio 126 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:52 pm

asenath_waite wrote:Emilia appreciates no longer being a rubber-legged thrift store find.

Do you still have her original body handy?
Studio 126
Dolly Pardon

Postby asenath_waite » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:06 pm

She originally had kind of garish red lip paint, so she could be a Snow White, but most Snows have paler skin and brown eyes. I'm not familiar enough with Disney to guess at any other character she could be, though. Here's a closeup of her face; her original body is somewhere in my pile of headless bodies and I am not sure I could recognize it.

asenath_waite
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby DollyKim » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:55 pm

One of Ariel's sisters with a hair cut?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Studio 126 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:34 am

asenath_waite wrote:...her original body is somewhere in my pile of headless bodies and I am not sure I could recognize it.

That could have helped narrow down a year. Brown hair could be Belle but both of mine have brown eyes. Tarzan's Jane...?
Studio 126
Dolly Pardon

Postby DollyKim » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:28 am

*Oops, my bad. The pic was Anna from the King And I. But still the Tarzan Jane dolls are more stylized. Been searching for the answer off and on for a couple of days now and the dolls have gone to my brain.

The face shape is close to 90s Snow White but the coloring isn't. One of Ariel's sisters comes the closest. So she's either an older doll or a knock off.

**Could she be a 1993 Mary Poppins by Mattel? She has red lipstick.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby asenath_waite » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:15 pm

DollyKim wrote:**Could she be a 1993 Mary Poppins by Mattel? She has red lipstick.

That's her! Thank you!
asenath_waite
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale