Go to footer

New BMR1959 male doll

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: New BMR1959 male doll

Postby DollyKim » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:28 pm

Got my man bun guy but the light isn't any good for proper skin tone comparisons. His packaging is really nice, like a hinged cardboard box worth keeping doll stuff in instead of the plastic crap they use otherwise. His face looks better in real life too.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby maywong » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:25 am

Congrats on getting him. I hope you will post pics.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:18 pm

He's definitely pale, more than my #6 Fashionista, but a bit pinker than the cactus man bun Fashionista.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:01 am

The manbun has the Harley Davidson/Edward (Twilight) face sculpt.

Got the Tate in yesterday, he's pinker than manbun, but their bodies are the same height etc.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby WhiteDove01s » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:43 pm

maywong wrote:All the BMR dolls are on sale at Walmart for under $15.

Sounds like I may have to save up for a Walmart order. Has anyone done skin tone comparisons on these yet? I've been side-eyeing the paler ones wondering if they'd be a match for this one particularly pale male head I have (as in Twilight pale/Peace tone, tho it's not a Twilight head). I may stick him on my lone obitsu slim otherwise, tho it's a tad pinker, but I'd prefer something a little taller and not as skinny for that specific chara... so I'm hoping one of these is at least Nostalgic close-match.
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:28 am

Manbun is lighter than the usual Barbie pale, like cactus manbun Ken and purple top yoga Barbie. But he has more color than the Twilight vampires or at least the Edward I have.

As for comparing to an Obitsu all of mine are at least 10 years old, my Slim is a teenager, so I can't really say.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:47 pm

DollyKim wrote:Manbun is lighter than the usual Barbie pale, like cactus manbun Ken and purple top yoga Barbie. But he has more color than the Twilight vampires or at least the Edward I have.

As for comparing to an Obitsu all of mine are at least 10 years old, my Slim is a teenager, so I can't really say.

All my obitsu are probably at least that old too. Purple top is generally Nostalgic range (I'm still using old names even tho I don't know what Mattel is doing with skin tones any more), so he could still work. And if not I think he might work for a completely different character. Snagging a poseable body when it's available and in budget is rarely a bad choice for me. :)
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale