Go to footer

Does anybody have any BMR1959 Ken skintones comparison photo

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Does anybody have any BMR1959 Ken skintones comparison photo

Postby Kattriella » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:36 am

So I'm wondering if anyone has any comparison photos lf the BMR1959 lighter skinned Ken doll in comparison to the Purple Top MtM Barbie? I can't tell from only images if their skintones are the same or similar, and I don't want to buy a couple of them for a body swap only to find out they don't match. I know they definitely won't match what I want them for (the Twilight vampire boys), but I can probably tone them down a bit with some paint and pastels if they're light enough. I know I probably can't do it with my other articulated Kens because they all have a surprisingly dark tan, especially for a vampire, and MSC is too difficult to come by right now to use the amount it would take to recolor a darker body. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm working with and figure out how difficult this is going to be.

As a side note, if anyone knows of a better body match flr the vampires, I'd love to know. I'm going to try to make a Disney Descendants Mal body work for Alice, if nothing else. It won't be perfect, I'm sure, but it's a start.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Does anybody have any BMR1959 Ken skintones comparison p

Postby DollyKim » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:07 am

According to my original post Cactus Ken, the other guy, compares to purple top and BMR is a bit off, slightly more pink.

As for vampires all I have is Deadwood and he's all sparkly.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:12 pm

He looks like he could work with a little pastel and the right lighting, thanks!

Also, what's Deadwood? O3O
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:16 pm

The main sparkly Twilight guy doll, someone else called him Deadwood. Mugged his clothes and rerooted him.

All I know about it I know from memes. Something about facial expressions, an alpaca, and really creepy baby doll?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat May 02, 2020 10:58 am

Sorry for the delay---haven't had a chance to get the photo for you until now! HOpe it can still help:

That's with flash on.

The BMR1959 bun head boy is paler than the MTM purple top girl. But it's not too bad a difference.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kattriella » Sat May 02, 2020 1:02 pm

Actually, paler is okay, considering I'm planning to slap vampire heads on them. The less I have to tone them down, the better.
Kattriella

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale