Go to footer

Uneeda Wendy and other reroots

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: Uneeda Wendy and other reroots

Postby DollyKim » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:25 am

The blue is a Sapphire and Lapis Lazuli mix I got from Dolly Hair but there isn't a noticeable difference to me. It makes her eyeshadow pop.

The red is Red Wedding from The Doll Planet.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:04 pm

DollyKim wrote:The blue is a Sapphire and Lapis Lazuli mix I got from Dolly Hair but there isn't a noticeable difference to me. It makes her eyeshadow pop.

I'll just make a note of those colors on my OOAKing plans page (on an offline wiki) for when I get to someone who needs blue. (I can think of one but they're currently far down on the pending OOAK plans list). The red I have is actually from buying cheapo pre-rooted doll heads from China before the pandemic started. They root em fairly thick and ankle length, and it's $2-3 a head, but the color range tends to be limited. It's still pretty good quality doll hair tho and a cheap way to snag basic colors (I got some black, auburn, and white at the same time). I did get a rather gorgeous pale lavender that way. (It looked silver, which was what I was shopping for, but I am not displeased. Tho who knows how long it'll take me to find a poseable doll short and pale enough to make into Vaati from Legend of Zelda so I can use it! :lol: )
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:23 am

Half my hair comes from Dollar Tree, look in party supplies and toys for headbands with long hair attached. It's shiny nylon, I assume, but it does the job. One might do a Barbie but I always try and get two of any given color.

I also loaded up on a bunch of neon rainbow hair clips with braids from kids party supplies.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:24 pm

I bought several of those way back when I had a car. These days, Dollar Tree might as well be on the moon for all I can reach it. The knockoff heads have enough hair on each I think they'd do two or maybe three other dolls (they have more MH sized heads) depending on the size of the doll head and the length used. I also tend to save the hair I cut off by braiding it first to set aside. And lately I've been pondering if some frizzy/heat damaged hair on one doll I have would actually let me make a halfway-decent short afro on another. So many plans...
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:25 am

For an afro I'd think roving wool or yarn where the strands have been unwound. Root the small strands then unwind them further. Looking at Fashionista 91's hair it reminds me of a yarn pom pom.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:49 am

Good harvest from Wal-Mart. The pink is softer and more stunning IRL. Dollar Tree has their headbands in theis Haloween section.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby WhiteDove01s » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:07 pm

Ooo, those are pretty! Both the pink and blue kind of remind me of cotton candy. And that's right, Halloween is coming up... better set apart a section of the next paycheck to hit up the post-holiday "are the wigs on clearance yet?" shopping. XD The only find I have setting aside right now of that sort is one of the really cheapo rainbow clown wigs that I plan to use as practice for doll weft and wig making (the colors will make it more fun).
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale