Go to footer

Monster High? Ever After High?

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: Monster High? Ever After High?

Postby Kattriella » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:15 pm

Tam I am wrote:
Kattriella wrote:If this was any other line than Monster High, I'd say, "Oh, these look pretty cool!" But it's Monster High. Or I guess it's supposed to be. Looks more like Monster Elementary School. Or Monster Jr. High. They look so childish. Actually, you know what, if they had gone the route of "Monster Jr. High" and made them different characters, I might have actually been fully on board for that. But this just feels too much like they were trying to cram Enchantimals aesthetic into Monster High. If the dolls WEREN'T supposed to be established characters, I wouldn't be so bothered, but these are just not it.

Sorry for quoting you again, but I totally agree! I was staring at Clawdeen's face and going.... "She's not an Enchantimal".

Seriously. Plus, I didn't even recognize Cleo. I had to zoom in on her name because I was like, "Is there a new character- THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE CLEO?!"
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Tam I am » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:57 pm

Kattriella wrote:
Tam I am wrote:
Kattriella wrote:If this was any other line than Monster High, I'd say, "Oh, these look pretty cool!" But it's Monster High. Or I guess it's supposed to be. Looks more like Monster Elementary School. Or Monster Jr. High. They look so childish. Actually, you know what, if they had gone the route of "Monster Jr. High" and made them different characters, I might have actually been fully on board for that. But this just feels too much like they were trying to cram Enchantimals aesthetic into Monster High. If the dolls WEREN'T supposed to be established characters, I wouldn't be so bothered, but these are just not it.

Sorry for quoting you again, but I totally agree! I was staring at Clawdeen's face and going.... "She's not an Enchantimal".

Seriously. Plus, I didn't even recognize Cleo. I had to zoom in on her name because I was like, "Is there a new character- THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE CLEO?!"

I don't think I recognized anybody at first glance except the (forgot her name already) cat girl.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:17 am

Torelei the cat girl needs the Karen haircut, it's part of her sense of being.

I don't want to know if they changed the characterizations either. The diaries were doing a good job at individualizing them, the cartoons did the best with what they had.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale