Go to footer

Monster High? Ever After High?

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: Monster High? Ever After High?

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:10 pm

I have some of both but they are packed away and I haven't come across them yet.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:17 am

Spotted some in the wild and left them there.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby davidd » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:47 am

There they are, huh? I have yet to see any of the new releases on store shelves, other than the re-issued "classic" versions, which sold out quickly.

These new ones are monsters, all right. They're scary enough to send me running away screaming in horror.

Y'know, the whole point of Draculaura is that she was skinny and emaciated because she was a vegetarian vampire who couldn't stand the sight of blood.

And... ninety bucks is the sale price?

Hard pass.
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:38 pm

Yeah... And I just realized that's supposed to be Frankie not Lagoona.

I'm all for the different Barbie body types but this just doesn't work. Frankie or Cleo could work pear shaped, I would have made Toralie tall. But half the original fun was being able to share clothes because they were all one size.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Stormlight » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:50 pm

Looks like it’s on sale because Draculaura is missing her shoes. Wonder if it was a return?

Apparently, they made Lagoona pink this time around? The Facebook group I’m on was complaining about it. :roll:
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Tam I am » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:25 pm

The disappointment is so harsh it's painful.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby DollyKim » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:26 am

I'd say the shoes fell off and might be rolling around somewhere unless they fell out of the packaging. Cleo's are missing too. I might have considered them if the faces weren't so blech. That's what stopped my buying when the first batch ended.

I returned a pair of Ladybug and Chat Noir dolls because their packaging was so bad with a hole in the front the accessories fell out. Did see a nekkie Rena at the junk store, they have decent joints.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby ugg333 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:45 am

Thank you for posting the monster picture. They do look so sad.
ugg333
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:55 am

If this was any other line than Monster High, I'd say, "Oh, these look pretty cool!" But it's Monster High. Or I guess it's supposed to be. Looks more like Monster Elementary School. Or Monster Jr. High. They look so childish. Actually, you know what, if they had gone the route of "Monster Jr. High" and made them different characters, I might have actually been fully on board for that. But this just feels too much like they were trying to cram Enchantimals aesthetic into Monster High. If the dolls WEREN'T supposed to be established characters, I wouldn't be so bothered, but these are just not it.
Kattriella

Postby Tam I am » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:42 am

Kattriella wrote:If this was any other line than Monster High, I'd say, "Oh, these look pretty cool!" But it's Monster High. Or I guess it's supposed to be. Looks more like Monster Elementary School. Or Monster Jr. High. They look so childish. Actually, you know what, if they had gone the route of "Monster Jr. High" and made them different characters, I might have actually been fully on board for that. But this just feels too much like they were trying to cram Enchantimals aesthetic into Monster High. If the dolls WEREN'T supposed to be established characters, I wouldn't be so bothered, but these are just not it.

Sorry for quoting you again, but I totally agree! I was staring at Clawdeen's face and going.... "She's not an Enchantimal".
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale