Go to footer

My Warrior Woman Gil and her wizard

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

My Warrior Woman Gil and her wizard

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:58 pm

Here is the next in my warrior women project: Gil Patterson/Gil-shalos and her wizard lover, Ingold Inglorion from Barbara Hambly's Time of the Dark series. It didn't seem right to me to make her and not her man. I had tried various other dolls, but nothing worked until someone here posted a Dumbledore with a beard trim and a light went on! (Don't remember who and couldn't find the post, but thank you so much!) I did take some liberties with their costumes but the first book I used for reference was light on the personal descriptions.

ImageGI1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
ImageGI2 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
ImageGI3 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
ImageGI5 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr

Most of the patterns were fudged from ones free online by Chellywood (thanks!). Swords came from ebay and Ingold's staff was a chopstick. Gil required a head swap from a Fashionista to a MTM body and then I painted her eyes gray. I'm pretty happy with them and now ready to move on to the next/last warrior woman...one that will be an even greater challenge!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: My Warrior Woman Gil and her wizard

Postby WhiteDove01s » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:15 pm

Neat! It's always nice to see someone do something useful to, er, with Dumbledore... heh. Really nice job repainting the eyes. I just did a run of eye repaints today and my eyes still hurt. Barbie eyes, so tiny... but so worth the effort when done! Not familiar with the source media these two have escaped from (I'll probably end up looking it up now XD), but they look great. Isn't it fun having dolls of characters you like, even if you have to make them yourself? :)
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:43 am

Was it my post?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12727&hilit=santa
Here is an up close pic.

maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:18 am

maywong wrote:Was it my post?

Yes, indeed, altho yours is much better than mine. He's still a handsome dude tho! Thanks for the inspiration!
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:19 pm

WhiteDove01s wrote: Isn't it fun having dolls of characters you like, even if you have to make them yourself? :)

Thanks! It is fun and even tho it's been a struggle to get them done, it's still a way for me to stretch myself and learn more. BTW, the book series is wonderful. I highly rec it!
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:13 pm

kenaiqueen wrote:
WhiteDove01s wrote: Isn't it fun having dolls of characters you like, even if you have to make them yourself? :)

Thanks! It is fun and even tho it's been a struggle to get them done, it's still a way for me to stretch myself and learn more. BTW, the book series is wonderful. I highly rec it!

I read all that when it originally came out.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:22 am

Well, I guess I know what I'll be looking for on BetterWorldBooks next time I have the funds for reading materials. (My last order there was a book on how to read Egyptian Heiroglyphs (I watched Stargate and then started wondering what people were recommending instead of Budge and then managed to get a copy of that for $5, and it could be around xmas before I do another order there. Before that, I had a goal of tracking down every one of Lang's Rainbow Fairy books that took a LONG time.) I looked up and saved the Wikipedia page tho to have a list of all the stuff she's wrote. I don't know how I missed this when there are apparently both eldritch entities AND some Sherlock Holmes stories mentioned.

*looks closer at list* Oh, hey! I already have "Stranger At The Wedding" and "Silicon Mage", both grabbed as dollar store paperbacks years ago. I'll have to try to find them in the paperback stacks. (not enough shelves here, and not enough space for shelves - there is no such thing as too many books.)
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:02 am

I had all of f Lang's Rainbow Fairy books. I gave them to my nieces afterwards.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:42 pm

maywong wrote:I had all of f Lang's Rainbow Fairy books. I gave them to my nieces afterwards.

I like them for the folklore aspect as much as the stories. If I had enough shelves/space to properly organize my books they'd have a section near any mythology books I have.
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby victoriavictrix » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:04 pm

All of the Lang Rainbow Fairy books are available on Kindle for free.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale