Go to footer

Bodyswap question?

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: Bodyswap question?

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:04 am

I lol for no reason on seeing KD's bun hair Barbie.

Anyway
Didn't someone do a Barbie on a cygirl body before? Or was it someone from MWD? Cygirl/PB bodies maybe tough to get but there's always TTL.

I don't have a Barbie so I don't know her head size in comparison to an Obitsu (Slim Male no2 / No1 / W03?)
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby nashira » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:20 am

Mlatch I'll keep that in mind. Thank you. :) I have an obitsu body I can measure things, at least.

kd, thank you for the picture. That's an interesting idea, and she does look good clothed. :) I remembered Mimiwoo has some volks 1/6 so if I end up going that route I'll grab one or two of those before she sells them all.

Iwa, here's a comparison pic I just found with barbies and an obitsu side by side http://www.flickr.com/photos/23537615@N05/2327342492/ it looks like older heads might work better... Hrm.
nashira
i see dead dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:55 am

Barbie, Volks, Obitsu, Liv etc

General overview of girl bodies, motion tests on their individual brand pages. I'm rather satisfied with the 100 poses. Barbie general caucasian is darker than the VOlks and Obitsu normal. I'll see what I can do for putting a spare 100 poses head on one of the Obitsu bodies.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby nashira » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:04 am

Ooh thanks! That's an interesting pic. (and holy... that monster high girl is TINY. O_O)

I really like this place. Everyone is awesome. :D :lol:
nashira
i see dead dolliehs

Postby maywong » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:40 am

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:I
Didn't someone do a Barbie on a cygirl body before? Or was it someone from MWD? Cygirl/PB bodies maybe tough to get but there's always TTL.

I think it's over on MWD that you saw the Barbie heads on a CY or a PB body. I think that the Barbie heads look better on a CY, CG, PB, or TTL body because of the bigger body size.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Misheru » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:35 pm

Another option is the Dynamite Girl line from Fashion Royalty. Their dressed dolls only run around $40 so you can find good deals around the net on bodies and nude dolls.

They are articulated well, have a fashion body and fit Barbie heads and clothes. I am not sure you can buy them in stores though.

They are the next to lowest tier in the FR line but are the best dolls and only dolls of Jason Wu I will buy.

Just a thought. I have Silkstone Barbie heads on those bodies. I also have some Silkstone heads on their earlier lines - Monsieur Z dolls. Same style body.

If you can find one...Joe Tai 12" articulated bodies are amazing. They also fit Barbie and are heavy and very articulated. But they are hard to find (again online) but if you do many times you can get the whole doll for not a lot. Well, since the designer just passed away they may become collectors items...so the prices may skyrocket. I didn't think of that. Err... :cry: RIP Joe.
=^,...,^= MISHERU >^.^<
~ The *M* share of the H&M House of Vinyl ~
Misheru
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby nashira » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:36 pm

I was wondering about the dynamite girls bodies. Thanks! :D
nashira
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Mary Kathryn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:40 am

I think that the black label and collector barbies look fine on obitsu bodies because they don't have "big head syndrome." Over the last couple of years the playline barbies' heads seem to swell more and more. For a while I had the flashdance head on a marrone obitsu and it looked pretty good. I guess it's best to judge it on a head by head case. :D

Dynamite Girls are pretty awesome. You can also keep your eyes peeled for sales at doll dealers. I got my Rufus Blue for $25 plus shipping at Angelic Dreamz during one of their sales.
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby KatyaR » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:09 pm

I've had the best luck with Teen Skipper-sized dolls on Obitsu bodies. Generation Girl Tori, depending on which one you find, matches either Obitsu Normal or Marrone. Though my first MaBitsu was a Stacie-sized 'When I read, I Dream' doll head on a standard 27cm body. The result is a little swan-necked, but if you dress her in something with a collar (Sophie's wearing a mock turtleneck) it doesn't show too badly. She may eventually swap for a 25 cm body, just see if that will make her a touch more proportionate.

I have a Christmas Carol Barbie head on the large bust TTL body. Not a big fan of the BHS era doll heads overall, but the fuller face on the larger body actually works pretty well. I need to take pictures of Jocelyn sometime.
KatyaR
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby yah » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:37 am

Hi :)

Didn't someone do a Barbie on a cygirl body before?

These photos are Barbie head (repaint by Japanese artist) on CG ver.2 body.
yah
i see dead dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale