Go to footer

Can somebody help me identify this Tommy doll? (Solved?)

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Can somebody help me identify this Tommy doll? (Solved?)

Postby Kattriella » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:42 pm

I was looking at the box fory Kelly Club Lemonade Stand playset, and I realized that there is a Tommy oh the box that I don't recognize.

I've been looking at pictures on the Katti's Dolls website, but so far I haven't had any luck. He kind of looks like a combination of the AA Tommy that comes with the Big Brother Ken awr and the Power Wheels set, but the clothes don't match. That being said, I can't find a fashion pack that matches the outfit. Anybody have any ideas?
Last edited by Kattriella on Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Can somebody help me identify this Tommy doll?

Postby DollyKim » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:25 am

He's wearing an outfit from a fashion pack but the shoes are a different color. https://i.pinimg.com/474x/01/fa/73/01fa ... da4429.jpg
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:48 am

Okay, so I'm NOT crazy that he isn't wearing his original outfit. That helps, considering how few black Tommy dolls were made that WEREN'T for movies.
Kattriella

Postby Tam I am » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:49 pm

Thought th shirt and shorts looked familiar.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby DollyKim » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:36 am

The back of play sets and fashions back then was always a great place to advertise other play sets and fashions.
Another trick in the late 90s was the same fabric print showing up on several dolls. I have Barbie, Skipper, and Stacey outfits like that. Wouldn't be a stretch if Ken and Tommy shared.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:14 pm

DollyKim wrote:The back of play sets and fashions back then was always a great place to advertise other play sets and fashions.
Another trick in the late 90s was the same fabric print showing up on several dolls. I have Barbie, Skipper, and Stacey outfits like that. Wouldn't be a stretch if Ken and Tommy shared.

I thought maybe this Tommy was from the Big Brother Ken and Tommy set, but the mouth doenst look quite right somehow. Maybe it's just the lights. The hair doesn't look right for it to be from the Dr. Ken set.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:56 am

I'd err on the side of Big Brother and lighting.

With a less digital world back then the photographers would be given the earliest models possible to shoot so the pictures would be ready for the manufacturers to print when they sent the stuff to the store. That was my era of breeding Teen Skippers so I always looked on the back to make sure I had all the outfits in a set. There'd even be a little note sometimes that the final product might not match exactly thus the different shoe color.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:37 am

DollyKim wrote:I'd err on the side of Big Brother and lighting.

With a less digital world back then the photographers would be given the earliest models possible to shoot so the pictures would be ready for the manufacturers to print when they sent the stuff to the store. That was my era of breeding Teen Skippers so I always looked on the back to make sure I had all the outfits in a set. There'd even be a little note sometimes that the final product might not match exactly thus the different shoe color.

The only thing that's throwing me off is that the Big Brother Ken Tommy has the bottle mouth and it doesn't LOOK Luke this one has it, but it could be just the lighting, like you said.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:42 am

The other way to go is they intended to make him but poor sales on AA dolls ditched that.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:46 pm

DollyKim wrote:The other way to go is they intended to make him but poor sales on AA dolls ditched that.

That's what I'm wondering too. Mattel was notorious back in the day for treating their AA dolls like they didn't matter. They BARELY bothered with Asian dolls, and I'm convinythat the only reason that they every made as many Teresas as they did is because she could be white passing.
Kattriella

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale