Go to footer

Barbie Looks

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: Barbie Looks

Postby DollyKim » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:20 am

I heard one of them might get a petite pale body like they used for Queen Elizabeth, one with a dresser perhaps, so please et me know if you find out.

I would have gone for the pixie cut brunette but I don't like her Instagram Face look and aren't in the mood to try and find a different head.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:02 pm

Got myself a second red-haired girl and straightened her hair out. It's still wavy and curly/frizzed at the ends, but I don't mind. Really love the way she looks without the curls, especially in this purple dress. I've been referring to her as Red so I think that might be her name. It took 3 tries to get it to this point and I'm glad I did it.
Twins!
ImageTwin1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Love her face.
ImageTwin3 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Back view
ImageTwin4 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby maywong » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:10 am

You did a nice job on her hair.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:16 pm

Added another Looks girl to my collection. This is model #16, curvy with long blonde curly hair. I named her Velma because she kinda looks like a 1940's spoiled rich girl who is about to give some sass to Phillip Marlow! What a gorgeous face tho.
ImageVelma1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
ImageVelma2 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
I'm scared of ruining her hair, but it's totally messed up/matted in the back and I just can't stand it. I'm going to use cold water and hope for the best. It doesn't feel like it has a lot of gel in there so I'm hoping the curl will stay. She's also got the ends of the 3 plastic staples in her head to trim down.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:38 am

Thanks for the close up of her face. I've had my eye on her for a specific character and I think I want a different sculpt, slightly friendlier if you know what I mean.

With curls like that I've combed from the bottom up, if that makes sense, and I've worked one lock at a time.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby maywong » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:16 am

Her curls should hold up after you put some conditioner in.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:02 am

I've had some success with a wide toothwr come, cold water, and curl cream/conditioner.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kattriella » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:13 am

Vet visit went great, cost less than expected, so I order a second Looks #19 from Mattel Creations. I kind of stole my other one's body for Reneeah . . .
Kattriella

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:45 am

Kattriella wrote:Vet visit went great, cost less than expected, so I order a second Looks #19 from Mattel Creations. I kind of stole my other one's body for Reneeah . . .

Very happy your cat is doing okay!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:05 pm

Kirahfaye wrote:
Kattriella wrote:Vet visit went great, cost less than expected, so I order a second Looks #19 from Mattel Creations. I kind of stole my other one's body for Reneeah . . .

Very happy your cat is doing okay!

He apparently apparently has a broken toe that probably won't ever heal straight, so I'll have to keep his nail trimmed periodically so it doesn't grow into his foot, because it can't wear it down now. The infection that came from the cut that also happened when he broke his toe is clearing up, so unless he relapses between now and the end of his antibiotics course, he's good to go until September, when he's due for vaccinations.
Kattriella

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale