Go to footer

Disney ILY4Ever dolls

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Disney ILY4Ever dolls

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:28 pm

The first dolls with this title are 18" but now they have a group of 11 1/2-inch dolls. They are still princess inspired, dressed kind of like the 'Disney Bounders.' I got 2 dolls and 3 fashion packs, but I haven't unpacked the clothes yet. Each doll comes with a plastic balloon that has a 'surprise' Disney food inside. I was disappointed that I got 2 of the same, but that's the breaks. The dolls are cute, and the clothes and accessories are nice. The doll body is a bit on the floppy side especially the ankles and I read reviews that said they have hip problems too, so I'm treating mine carefully. Sadly, no stands and hair quality is meh. Not as terrible as some have complained, but not impressive by any means. I do wonder how their heads would look on Barbie MTM bodies. In any case, I like them both. Love the inset glass eyes. My DH says the Snow White-inspired girl looked South American/Brazilian to him, so I named her Consuela. I'm still looking for a name for the Tiana-inspired Asian girl.

Image2NuGirlz by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
ImageAsian by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
ImageConsuela by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Disney ILY4Ever dolls

Postby Studio 126 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:37 am

Is Hasbro still doing Disney-licensed figures?
Studio 126
Dolly Pardon

Postby maywong » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:20 am

My Target hasn't gotten these in yet.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:38 am

I'm still tempted to get one, at least. I don't think I have a MTM body anymore (donated most of my Barbies), but I'll look.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:24 pm

Love Consuela's freckles!
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:22 pm

Studio 126 wrote:Is Hasbro still doing Disney-licensed figures?

As far as I know, no. I've seen the Hasbros in Wallys in the sales area and some of the new and unimpressive Mattels are in the regular toys. As for these dolls, neither. The boxes just say Disney Store.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:10 am

Jakks Pacific has the current license, these girls look a lot like the Juku Couture, or at least the smaller ones I have, and they're great dolls.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:31 pm

Finally got the time to unbox 2 of the 3 fashion packs I bought with the girls. I really like these two outfits! Consuela on the left is wearing a Belle-inspired outfit. The booties seem to help her weak ankles. On the right, Parker (as she has named herself) is wearing a Mulan outfit. The dress is pleather/plastic but still cute. The jacket, also cute, utter bitch to get her hands thru the sleeves. She may be wearing that for a while. Glad I bought extra 1/6 stands. I'd prefer it if Disney put in a stand and fewer plastic accessories.
ImageNuFashions by Kenai Queen, on Flickr

I have a jogging/athletic suit inspired by Moana still in the box. I'm going to try it on a classic Aurora I had hanging around as soon as her hair dries. Had to give her a bath as she was dusty.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby maywong » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:33 pm

They look great!
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:28 pm

Here is the other fashion pack from Disney. This time I tried it on what I believe is an older 'classic' Disney doll, Aurora. While she is about the same height, she seems to be a bit slimmer and her feet are teensy by comparison. The shoes don't look bad, but the minute she is moved, they fall off. Her head size works for the hat, but all the wild hair just makes it fall off too. I need to try this on a Barbie next. But still, cute outfit.

ImageAuroraMoana by Kenai Queen, on Flickr

There are at least 2 more outfits I like, but I wanted more of the dolls so now I have 2 more girls on order.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale