Go to footer

My new Dusty Moxie Hybrid...

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

My new Dusty Moxie Hybrid...

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:13 am

So I did it. I bought a Moxie Teen despite my dislike for MGAE as a company nowadays. Needless to say hell no am I getting any more Moxie teens since they're practically moddable to fix any of their flaws (like their knees. They don't swivel and I can't sand away any plastic to further the joint like I can with Barbie bodies), their elbows just infuriate me and the neck is standard crappy neck jointing expected from MGAE. Pathetic, MGAE-Who-Says-Barbie-is-crap. At least I can get a posable body that works for $15 AUD unlike this $40 monstrosity. Grr.

Clothing wise I'm kinda meh since I only bought Melrose for her jacket and her shirt. Her skinny jeans and boots are kinda... icky and that ugly ass hat/handbag are going somewhere dark. Her wig is HORRIBLE. My gawd, bald spots and it kept shedding everywhere. WTF. I so did not pay $40 for this crap MGAE.

Seriously MGAE, if I can get a similiar product for $15-$25 from LIV dolls with interchangeable clothes and nice bodies I expect a huge multimillion company like MGAE be able to deliver the goods with all this fanfare.

Anywho, I got this body for Dusty since she's kinda chunkier than other girls and yeah. Woo. Turns out older style big busty Barbie clothes fit this body fine. Just a bit short lol.

*twitch* Stupid MGAE and their crazy ring hole.

Yeep, Dusty is freaking tall. Also the white shirt makes a really nice tunic.

Poor neglected Mal. I feel so uninspired for her.

And yeah Dusty is the tallest girl I have around. Even taller than my Fashion Royalty.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Re: My new Dusty Moxie Hybrid...

Postby Wardah » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:00 am

I myself am not a fan of the size of the Moxie Teens but I think they have prettier faces than Liv. I have heard you can pop a MT head on a Liv body and it looks good so if I ever get one that's what I'd do.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Mary Kathryn » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:12 pm

Mal looks awesome in the white tunic. It shows off her fantastic tan. Which Fashionista donated her body to Mal? It's making me kinda want to open my repro and make some....adjustments.
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:50 pm

Wardah, actually I stuck her head on a Barbie body since the Liv bodies seem too small for me.... I must admit the faces are pretty but with a crappy body, crappy wig, crappy accessories and above average clothing it's not much of a deal.

Mary Kathryn, Mal has the token black girl's body actually. Artsy I believe since Malibu is REALLY tanned... but not too tanned xD

Oh, did I mention the Malibu repro has really soft hair and such? *cough*
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Wardah » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:31 pm

One of the other users on here, embyquinn, stuck a MT head on a Liv body and says it looks good. Anyways I think the only reason Barbie looks bigger is cause she's got permaheels instead of poseable ankles like Liv.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:48 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34281632@N03/3877676740/

It shows the body size difference pretty well. Also, Liv has a shorter neck so I think the Barbie neck helps the transition from tiny body to big head easier... Barbie IS bustier than Liv and a bit more womanly so yeah.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Wardah » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:45 pm

I don't know why every single comparison picture has Liv flat footed when Barbie has those permaheels. I guess I just really want to see someone else besides embyquinn put a MT head on a Liv body. I am dying to see what that combo looks like but she doesn't have a camera and has not shared any pics. Especially since Barbie is way too dark for the lightest MT skintone.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Mary Kathryn » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:57 am

Kd_Bunchanumbers wrote:Mary Kathryn, Mal has the token black girl's body actually. Artsy I believe since Malibu is REALLY tanned... but not too tanned xD

Oh, did I mention the Malibu repro has really soft hair and such? *cough*

Dammit. Looks like I'll be going shopping. :lol:
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby AlmySidaKay » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:45 pm

Even tho you don't like the Moxie Teen, your still using her body, and now I'd like to know where you got those white shoes for her. I love my moxie but finding shoes for her has been a bear.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:48 pm

Those boots are Ken boots from the Speed Racer set (thanks Mary Kathryn!) :D Ken shoes with socks works best for her.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale