Go to footer

Joe needs a new body

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Joe needs a new body

Postby DollyKim » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:13 am

Next project, finding a body with elbows and a build that is more akin to the real physique of my drunken Irish boo and his Bean Town buddies.
Disney posable prince, Hasbro NKOTB, Mattel 2009 Fashionista Ken
So far no good, the prince has a thicker neck and skin tone aside I don't want Joe to look even bigger, the 2009 Ken makes his neck look freakishly long so that won't work either. The 1999 Ken has a female neck. Obitsu and Volks are out because there's a size mismatch. Hot Toys are physically too big, Medicom falls apart, Dragon is a complete missmatch.

So the floor is open to suggestions, I'm looking for a slender average guy build on a male neck and don't want to have to do anything more than use a bit of heat to transplant Joe.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Joe needs a new body

Postby Geektopian » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:12 am

Kim, I'm stumped. About the only think that comes to mind are the first generation 21st Century Toys male bodies. They aren't very posable by current standards but they have more articulation than the body he has now.

An example at "Pistol Pete's" Ultimate Soldier site: CLICK

Justice Fighters usually has a few in stock: CLICK
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby DollyKim » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:35 am

Thanks for the link but they're still to beefy and the waist gap would irk me, they look a bit different from the one I have so he must be a later one.

*Thinking about things it wouldn't be that hard to make a male joint to hold the neck together out of something. I don't want to have to build up a neck like I did with Tobey, I don't want to repaint Joe, I like how he is. I tried him on a 1999 Ken but the neck looked too short proportion wise. Grrr.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Glace Leau » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:26 pm

I know one other person who's rebodied one of those... ::looks for the link::

http://smidgehouse.blogspot.com/2009/12 ... 009-1.html

They used a PTE body with a GI Joe neck and explained how they did it.

Also, I wouldn't recommend that 21st Century body... I have a HSM head on it right now and I kind of hate it. The hands are awful.
Where did all these 1/6s come from?!
Glace Leau
i see dead dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:05 pm

Budday! That's interesting, but still not quite right build, I haven't been able to behead one of my PTEs yet. Almost makes me wish I kew someone with a Triad, that's about the only major brand I don't have one of. I think he may wait until the Liv boy comes out or I'll sculpt a Joe Mac to fit on the DML. But I will keep up the search.

With 21st Century it depends on the model, I have one I'm quite happy with, you can put Dragon hands in a 21st but will need to put a bit of tape around the posts to keep them in place. Being a Mattel doll the HSM should work on a Fashionista Ken.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Glace Leau » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:40 pm

I kinda guessed that body wouldn't be right, but maybe you can at least use the neck idea. Do you mean you're having trouble getting the PTE heads off? I switched the heads of mine (one was old-style and one was new-style) without trouble by having them sit with their heads in a bowl of near-boiling water first.

Yeah, I'm sure the newer ones are better but based on your website they're also taller. That's why he's not on a Fashionista body; he needs to be shorter than his Obitsu brother. And the hands on this one aren't removable.
Glace Leau
i see dead dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:01 pm

It's getting a PTE head off, but then again I've been happy with them as they are and had no reason to change. I don't see taking it off either as I've given most of them personalities. All my PTE are 2007 or later, there the same as the one in the stores now and worth every penny. I use the hot water head removal too, unless they've been painted or going to be redone.

Size wise the Medicom RAH and Takara Jeff compare to the Slim but neither would work easily for a Mattel head.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Wardah » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:54 am

I would wait to see what the Liv male looks like.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Glace Leau » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:51 am

I so wish there was a Big Lots I didn't have to drive an hour and a half plus take a ferry to get to around here. I like the PTEs I found at the thrift store, but one of them is snapped in half and held together with tape at the torso. I use hot tap water for my painted heads because I am reckless.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I've been planning on just getting a regular Obitsu and maybe chopping down the legs.
Glace Leau
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:25 am

Obitsu Normal Males have compatible necks and are smaller/slimmer than most action figures...
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale