Go to footer

How to remove Doll heads

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: How to remove Doll heads

Postby DollyKim » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:04 am

It's okay for the Fashionista prong to turn light pink, that's where the plastic stretched. They can withstand a head swap or two, just don't make a habit of it. Of all my head swaps I've only broken one arm of a prong but the head still went on.

What ever you do with head swaps don't dunk a doll with a painted face or complicated hairstyle. A hot water dunk is a great way to give a perm, braid or twist the hair, put in place with little rubber bands and dunk or poor the water over the hair. Let cool and air dry before you take the hair down, don't use a hair dryer to dry the hair because it will mess with the texture.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: How to remove Doll heads

Postby DeadlyVixen » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:14 am

DollyKim wrote:It's okay for the Fashionista prong to turn light pink, that's where the plastic stretched. They can withstand a head swap or two, just don't make a habit of it. Of all my head swaps I've only broken one arm of a prong but the head still went on.

What ever you do with head swaps don't dunk a doll with a painted face or complicated hairstyle. A hot water dunk is a great way to give a perm, braid or twist the hair, put in place with little rubber bands and dunk or poor the water over the hair. Let cool and air dry before you take the hair down, don't use a hair dryer to dry the hair because it will mess with the texture.

Thanks for letting me know ^^
The Fashionista was just a test subject, I planned on giving her to my niece but she didn't want her now I don't know what to do with her XD
DeadlyVixen
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale