Go to footer

Bitty Medicine Seller Returns?

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Bitty Medicine Seller Returns?

Postby Resu » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:45 pm

As cute as the DZ Leo was, I wasn't loving its lack of posability, so bitty Medicine Seller v.1 didn't work out with me. I still wanted a bitty Medicine Seller, so I kept poking around until I scored a Soom Glot/Glati hybrid at an awesome price.

Instead of wiping the default Glot face-up, I decided to add to it. After all, the default eyebrow color matches his to-be-hair color anyway.

He's currently borrowing 1/6th Medicine Seller's outfit so he's not sitting around naked. I'm half dreading, half anticipating sewing this outfit again.

I will need to figure out how to make the outfit less bulky, though. It does affect his posability quite a bit. He's only standing in this shot because the magnet in his head stuck to the metal lamp stand. XD
Resu
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Re: Bitty Medicine Seller Returns?

Postby Geektopian » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:35 am

Hmmm... this may seem like a weird idea but what about making the new outfit from silk with the designs painted on? The way I see it in my mind is sort of like a Javanese batik cloth.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby BlackDragoon » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:37 am

He actually looks really cute in his too-big outfit though :3
I have a dolly blog!
My Plastic Friends
BlackDragoon
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Resu » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:13 am

Mlatch221 wrote:Hmmm... this may seem like a weird idea but what about making the new outfit from silk with the designs painted on? The way I see it in my mind is sort of like a Javanese batik cloth.

I did think of trying that, but all of the cosplay versions I've looked at where they painted on the designs didn't turn out quite as nice. I borrowed the idea to use fusable webbing and fabric pieces from the most successful-looking cosplay that I found. :lol:

Though, I think I might cheat the inner kimono layers to take down the bulk. However, the bitty Medicine Seller is pretty low on my list of projects right now, so it'll be some time before I reach him. Plenty of time to think about it!
BlackDragoon wrote:He actually looks really cute in his too-big outfit though :3

The funny thing is, the sleeves and the outfit are too long for him, but the outfit isn't wide enough, so the obi barely closed. That and the inner layers are too small for him. XD
Resu

Postby delbelcoure » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:37 am

Wow! That's a great outfit. I can see why remaking it is low on your list, you put so much work into it.
Susan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby richila » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:05 pm

I think your applique needs to be made of lighter weight fabric. I have some very light weight lurex in the green blue and gold that some one gave me. Everyone at my church gives me their fabric remnants for doll clothes. I would be happy to send you some to try, I have over a yard of each and own mostly tinies. How much do you need?
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Resu » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:15 pm

richila wrote:I think your applique needs to be made of lighter weight fabric. I have some very light weight lurex in the green blue and gold that some one gave me. Everyone at my church gives me their fabric remnants for doll clothes. I would be happy to send you some to try, I have over a yard of each and own mostly tinies. How much do you need?

Surprisingly, the fabric I used for that project was the lightest, drapiest fabric I have ever handled without being sheer, second only to silk charmeuse. That outfit up there has fully lined sleeves and a total of three separate layers, which added a lot of unnecessary bulk. I won't be doing that when I get around to making a set for the bitty Medicine Seller, but thank-you for the offer! ^^

delbelcoure wrote:Wow! That's a great outfit. I can see why remaking it is low on your list, you put so much work into it.
Susan

There's a lot that I learned not to do when I made that outfit the first time, like getting the fusable webbing onto the fabric before cutting out the designs :lol: (that cut down 3 hours of work to 30 minutes along with a lot of grief), so the second time around would be much easier. I'm just low on project funds, so I can't go order more of those fabric at this time. XD
Resu

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:04 pm

He is too cute!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale