Go to footer

Holiday Cluster f#ck. Kens/Liv/Horses/Barbie

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Holiday Cluster f#ck. Kens/Liv/Horses/Barbie

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:58 am

Well then, as the Nostalgia Critic points, it's the holiday clusterf#ck and that brings gifts. Of course, the only doll related gift I received was a pink haired Swappin' Styles Sassy head from a friend from overseas. So, as with every Christmas, you tell your non doll friends the truckload of dolls you got was for Xmas and that you're not breaking any conditions of the intervention they just held for you earlier that week....

First off, my Kmart had truckloads of Fashionista gay Kens for $10, so I grabbed the only two kens with a non deformed head (unfortunately my Sporty ken has... symmetrical issues) and yeah. I am keeping one Ken default but the other shall be experimented on. Muahahahahaahahahah.

Well yeah, they have the EXACT same faces. Including eyebrows. So yeah, these are now my gay twins.

Though I did choose the Ken with darker eyelashes and iris to keep default.

Seems Sporty Ken is the one who dyed his hair, heh.

The ken face still has big fat molded lips.

Fashionista Ken seems to have the same ball and socket joints as a click knee Barbie.

Well yeah, I need fill up his leg sockets with milliput so I can stick a jointed pair of Ken legs on. My original plan of just cutting him in half and stringing him up with a MyScene lower half was twarted as there's no post any way inside of his stomach I could loop elastic onto. It's completely hollow :/

The pink shirt definitely suits my slightly uke Ken...

The Sassy head was one I wanted mostly cuz of the hair. I'm not a big fan of the GG face (as with the Mackie and Superstar face, it's just so darn common) but hey, this combination works. Originally I was meant to keep her hair stock but a stupid lump in the front caused by the clip annoyed me, so I boiled her hair and POOF. The hair went incredibly frizzy. Grr. So I then thinned her hair and gave her a fringe...

She looks like a detective or something *cough*

Glitter lips fail.

Also I caved and bought a Liv horse set. Namely the Clover and Hayden set. I chose this horse due to being a base plastic colour of white. I wanted to make my own version of the Robot Unicorn from the Adult Swim flash game.
But yeah, the effort seems too much for someone as lazy as me. Rofl. It was $80 but it was on sale for $59. I know, it's a crapton of cash, but I was feeling utterly miserable at the lack of any thoughtful xmas gift given to me that getting a jointed doll and jointed horse was good enough.

This Liv doll was incredibly pretty, so I decided to try fixing some annoying things such as her lips. I wiped the lipstick moustache off and carved into her lower lip. I painted teeth, blushed her some more and added freckles. Also, her skintone on her body was noticeably much more peachy so I gave it to Lillith and gave her the more grey body xD (Hey, 1/6th heads > Liv heads in this household)

Hayden is wearing an Olsen Twin shirt and Bratz glasses.

The big head group is growing... Poor freaky Abomination Pullip.

Mal stole Hayden's stock shirt, Lillith stole her body and Random repaint got the awesome boots. Note the skintone difference between Lillith and Random Repaint.

The mold inject plastic saddle and reins were nicely sculpted but my vintage guys like to ride bareback ;) Also Emma is there to show height.

Fred looks too happy there.

Hoersy is a bit derpy looking but okay. Surprising it has click joints so it's a bit stiffer, but I think that's good since it needs to support it's body AND dolls on top. It's limbs are somewhat limited but not so much it's irritating.

I need to find a way to change it's eyessss.

And yeah, I'll snap some more outdoor pics of the horse and give my thoughts in another thread...
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Holiday Cluster f#ck. Kens/Liv/Horses/Barbie

Postby DollyKim » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:30 am

Do keep us updated on the Ken leg change. This makes me think of looking for a cheap derpy horse to make a centaur out of. And the more I look at Gay Ken the more I see a young Robert Plant with that wide mouth and self assured smile.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby delbelcoure » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:31 am

I really like what you did with uke Ken's hair - it's much more attractive. His shirt bothers me. I have a great need to take off the velcro, sew up the back, open the front and sew snaps on - shoddy construction- grrr.
Wow, you pulled his ball joints right out! I was too worried I would damage my HSM boy, so I cut off the balls (snerk) and drilled a hole for elastic. It's good to see what the joint looks like in the body though.
Susan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:16 am

I LOVE detective Barbie's hair!!!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Mary Kathryn » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:57 pm

*covers eyes*
Stop showing me the horse! XD

I want the pink haired head, too. I should go ahead and snap her up before they transition to another body style and stop selling it.
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Geektopian » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:05 pm

Kd_Bunchanumbers wrote:So, as with every Christmas, you tell your non doll friends the truckload of dolls you got was for Xmas and that you're not breaking any conditions of the intervention they just held for you earlier that week....

Bwahahaha :lol: Damn, if that ain't the truth!

Oddly enough, the hip joint design on the Ken you disassembled looks a bit like the Big Jim design from the '70s. The newer version seems better engineered but there's a definite familial resemblance.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby Eseme » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Wait, all those wonderful joints in the arms and his legs don't bend?

Or does he just have the standard Ken click joints, but not the newer jointed legs?
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:09 am

Dolly Kim, I shall go buy some clay since the sockets are like twice the size of other ken hips. (Ken got back) And I think I wanna make my own centaur with a horse too... *glances around*

Delbelcoure fake mohawks should be put in the corner along with rubber legs and blue eyeshadow. Rofl. I think the skirt is surprisingly so okay it's average, so I'm not putting much effort into a pink shirt.
Lols I know one could drill it out but I wanted a big as possible opening so I can position the legs how I wanted to. Surprising that Mattel designs a pretty awesome body but gives him THIS hip joint.

Dark Angel, thanks! Pink is so purdy.

Mary Kathryn, I have a horsie. Neigh. Neigh. :lol:
Snap it up. I think it's either shortpacked or INSANELY popular since it's the only head I can't find AT ALL in stores.

Mlatch, yush. Thank goodness for the holidays muaha.
Hmmmm, that's actually a pretty cool connection. Though I have a feeling Big Jim would be... more masculine.

Eseme, they do work, but Mattel screwed us over and gave us a poorly working hip design. The current Fashionista ken body can not spread it's legs or cross them or do anything but sit awkwardly leaning back (yeah, he can't even sit a full 90 degrees), so I decided that I shall fix him...
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kittyasauras » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:53 am

Please find a way to fix the horses eyes. o____________o they aren't right, they look like people eyes... too much of the sclera is showing.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:35 am

... I guess bright blue pupil-less eyes would not be a good alternative? :P
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale